DIY Rudder pedals..?

:cake:

Piece of Cake

2 Likes

I wonder if using this might be a better choice than the angle sensor:

1 Like

It’s definitely a good choice.
If it’s the better choice, I don’t know…
The advantge with the TLE type sensors is that you don’t have to have physical contact between the rotating axis and the sensor. This makes the construction and design of the controller easier, IMO.

Both sensors have the necessary resolution.

2 Likes

Do you want to know how to design the rudder pedals?

5 Likes

Excellent video, @Rudull!
Is part 3 up yet? :slight_smile:

yes, just edit a bit and upload the video, I hope for next week :metal:

1 Like

We have done a little about the development of the steering wheel pedals. Mechanical centering system, sensors for data acquisition and microcontroller.

5 Likes

Finally had time to watch the entire video. Unfortunately I don’t understand the language, but a picture speaks a thousand words :wink:

That looks magnificient, @Rudull!
Those gasdampers on the brakes must give an awesome resistance!
How do you measure the toe-brake angle?
The cam looks really interesting. Could you write something about your thoughts on the curve?

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
The dampers generate a very good feeling, like a real mechanical control, something heavy and with inertia that makes it very pleasant. That also makes it look great with a perished look to the originals.
the brake pedal travel has an angle of about 15 °
One of the things I love the most is that I could accommodate the sensor electronics and the Hall effect sensor inside the dampers cylinder

2 Likes

Wow! How?

1 Like

I made a very small, circular PCB that I placed inside the brake pistons. Then in the sensor weld and connect the cabel that comes out. the difficult one was to place the magnet at the correct distance

3 Likes

This time I want to show the Firmware installation and the software configuration :beers:

2 Likes

Project completion and some tests in W

4 Likes

they are ready. the litmus test

5 Likes

Looks great!
Congratulations on a beautiful build!

2 Likes

Congratulations!
That’s a work of beauty! :smiley:

1 Like

superb work - very clever

@Rudull if I may ask, what did you do with your bearings, esp going from the green to the blue. Did you just tighten the bolt to the inner ring of the bearing? Ex. nut > washer > bearing > washer > square pipe > washer > bolt.

Also at the end of the square pipe is it just a round pipe you welded on with bearings inserted with a snug fit?