DIY Rudder pedals..?

Here’s a link to my Radar handle build, where I adress the resistor issue. Although I have never had this problem with just one TLE sensor, only when more than one is used.

You are using a neodymium/rare earth magnet, right?

i believe so, at least thats what the description on ebay stated…

Any progress?

having replaced the bearing at the pivot plate and replacing it with a sheet of pactene (nylon) sheet as a large shim to remove all possible pivot/spiral backlash, Im still unable to get theTLE5010 to behave in any manner resembling a linear output that I can use for the rudder controls

I think Im going to have to abandon it and use a diffferent sensor and 2 magnets in a ‘standard’ rotating style architecture

And you are certain you have diametrical magnets?
They stack like this.

Not like this

1 Like

ah, mine are obviously not then… (see pic2- NOT)

Try turning the magnet 90° so it rotates with the round side towards the sensor.
See if it register correctly then.

hope you fix it soon @gadget
Unfortunately ( uhm… or fortunately !? ) I have no hints for you as electronics dont like me ( and vice versa :slight_smile: ) . Thats why I use electronics directly from second hand joystick.

Excellent work Gadget. I am going to have a crack at making these over the next few weeks. Just looking at the Adjustable Dampener. Do you have any specifics? I could not find it on the Aliexpress website. Also are there any new tips and hints you have come across?

Cheers.

4 Likes

Welcome @Kuillemaul!
Feel free to introduce yourself and post anywhere!

1 Like

Hi, it’s a great project and I’m glad that this is not this world. this is my silhouette

Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos

6 Likes

Hi, @Rudull and welcome to Mudspike :mudspike:
Very nice rudderpedals!

@Rudull Welcome!

Hey @Rudull. Welcome! Nice pedals!

Good job ! @Rudull

Nice pedals @Rudull and welcome!

Ok back to something simpler :slight_smile:

I scraped the bicycle pedals and replaced them with straight mounting brackets. Also replaced 2 big pillow block bearings with 4 smaller to make the pedals less wonky.

What bothers me more is the electronics. Now I have the MaRS sensor conected to MS Precision 2 PCB. But would like to replace that with some cheap ‘Pro Micro’ clone with MMJoy2 fw.

How about this clone ? Will that work ?

1 Like

Should work.

1 Like

Ok I will try that. Its just single axis, that should be easy, right ? :slight_smile: