DMO Flight Design S-92 Sikorsky for X-Plane

Originally published at: http://www.mudspike.com/dmo-flight-design-s-92-sikorsky-for-x-plane/
For a fun, mid-range simulation heavy lift helicopter for X-Plane, the value priced S-92 Sikorsky by DMO Designs deserves a look. Though nearly three years old, the DMO Sikorsky S-92, particularly at the sale price point of $14.97 during the last X-Plane.org sale, represents a great value for an entertaining X-Plane module. With a beautiful…

1 Like

So, on a scale of [DCS Mi-8] - to -> [Arma 3 Huron] (um, not a well known scale, admittedly) how would you rate the X-Plane and this helos flight model? Are they comparable?

1 Like

So on flight model DCS being at 10 and ARMA probably being somewhere around a 5…FSX around a 6…the S-92 is probably about an 8 (not bad).

Systems modeling wise…again with DCS being the pinnacle (10) and ARMA definitely at the low end of systems (basically just a cockpit) maybe a 2 - I’d put the S-92 at around a 6 or 7.

For high end X-Plane helo fidelity AND systems - I think you can look at the Bell 407 and Bell 412 - I think these are in the 9-10 level of FM and systems fidelity. Also right up there is the BK117. I should have a review of the Bell 407 up in a couple weeks…and the X-Trident Bell 412 already has a review on Mudspike…

The S-92 is a bit cheaper though…

1 Like

Thank you! Mmm, I’m going to have to pull that X-plane trigger soon I think, getting itchy wallet finger now.

1 Like