Down Town Krasnodar - MCE

2 Likes

Seconded. I believe that makes it law in these parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

So here is how the mission went from my perspective. I was Enfield 2-1, my wingmen were @miRage and @Navynuke99

We lined up after the Su-25s and Enfield 1 flight (we are the last three planes), waiting to launch. It felt awesome taxiing around with so many planes, and it was coordinated so well. Perfect.

The F-15 flights were already airborne, and we watched them fly by. What a sight! We almost simultaneously said “look at those contrails!”

Time to go! (we were a bit late, and unfortunately two of us had to restart because of CTD shortly after that).

We sped it up a bit, to catch up. Here are @miRage and me, @Navynuke99 was a bit behind at that point but caught up a short time later.

When Enfield 1-1 was shot down I became strike commander. I suffered a bit from lack of SA by that point. My wingmen managed to warn me about threats and so on, supporting me. Unfortunately @miRage was hit before he couldn’t reach the target. But the rest of us got through and did some damage!

No time to take screens during the fight of course, but here is me getting the hell outta there!
During the engagement I was hit a few times by ground fire (not severe though), but I dodged at least one SAM and a LOT of guns.

Fortunately Einstein warned me about the threats near the coast so I could stay clear of them. Thanks!

Almost there, now please, don’t screw up the landing, Aginor!

Landed! Great mission. @Navynuke99 was the last to land, shortly after me.

5 Likes

Oh, and before I forget it:

This is my kneeboard page I did for the mission, I prepared a few things there so I could look them up quickly and also tell my wingmen.
Fun fact: I still missed the fence-out, I never turned my lights back on…

6 Likes

Brilliant, I’ve found my people! :smiley:
I do the same @Aginor!

1 Like

Actually I lost visual on you over Lake Krasnodar and made it to the targets. I also dropped bombs. It was the egress to the south which led me directly into a SA-11 site… :dizzy_face:

I did some frantic note-scribbling during the briefings - some of it was me learning to fly the SU-25 on the fly:

2 Likes

You are right, I got that wrong.
I am actually pretty surprised we made it to the target, there was a lot of gunfire and SAMs there. I think that same SA-11 that got you almost got me too. Perhaps not the best egress direction, but I just couldn’t see that SAM until it fired, and I had already lost SA at that point because of all the jinking.

In retrospect we should just have flown at a higher altitude. The big SAMs were gone already, and the fighters were being dealt with. An ingress of 10,000ft would have gotten us out of the range for most of those guns.

But that’s easy to say now. :smiley:

Oh, and one more thing:
I am a bit self-conscious about my english. Was I decently understandable over TeamSpeak? I struggle sometimes with my german accent, especially when I am in a hurry.

From where I was Aginor, your communications were clear, concise, and very easy to understand. Then again, my grandmother’s family is Bavarian, so I didn’t mind your accent in the least. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No Problem. I am German myself. So next time we can switch language for inter flight comms :wink:

Yes in hindsight there are always decisions that might seem unwise. Heading 140 was not to bad. But you got us to the target and most of us back.

1 Like

The fact people made it that close to the coast without 100% casualties proves the mission needed more dissuasive IADs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

…the only German I really remember now is all the words my Oma would say to my Opa when he pissed her off…

That will do for the next mission if near_blind adds more SAMs :grin:

2 Likes

That same thought crossed my mind…