Dungeons and Dragons

Just wondering if there is any appetite out there? There are lots of resources for online these days.

3 Likes

Did a lot of D&D, back in the days…
What resources?

1 Like

D&d beyond and roll20 are commonly used. Fantasygrounds is another. I haven’t used any yet as I’m just looking into it.

Discord also used.

3 Likes

I was mostly a Cyberpunk 2020 master…

1 Like

I was a game master for D&D, the glorious 3.5 Edition. I think my last game was… 10 years ago, and I think I could still hop in and play again. (If I had the time).
Good times.

One of those things that slipped me by… But I wish it hadn’t. Always wanted to try a proper game with a proper DM who made a show if it

sorry double post

A lot of very good memories from a long time ago in these books

6 Likes

I tend to watch quite a bit of D&D on youtube. Between Critical Role, The C-Team and Relics and Rarities, that makes up the bulk of me ‘TV’ time (when cooking/eating supper).

1 Like

Of course! Obviously that would be a thing! I’m irritated I hadn’t thought to look for that but now I’m hooked already! Awesome thanks for the idea. :blush:

Only experience I have with it is watching them play it on The Big Bang Theory. I have no clue how accurate their portrayal of it is though.

Wheels

if you have a good group, it is fantastic, just for the ability to use your imagination, problem solving and generally thinking outside the box, pc rpg’s are good but you are still restricted in what you can try. IMHO Nothing comes close to a group sat round a table with pen and paper proper rpg. oh and 10 points to anyone who can spot the reference in my user name and avatar pic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think I have to post this:

Part 1:
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm

Part 2:
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article95.htm

2 Likes

That was in equal part absolutely cool and so damn depressing!
Thank you so much! :rofl:

2 Likes

Read both articles and I still won’t be playing.

Wheels

1 Like

Check out this channel. Half of it is hilarious versions of D&D, the other half is actual D&D discussion and play.

1 Like

Don’t know if the video is any good but tabletop simulator has great mods for d&d and other board games like warhammer 40k

3 Likes

Which channels do you watch? I just started playing (5e) with my first D&D group and am interested to watch some good roleplaying. Mostly for the conversations and storytelling, i.e. my Game Of Thrones fix

Critical role is the most often recommended that I’ve seen.

1 Like

I watch the Critical Role group (A group of nerdy assed voice actors playing Dungeons and Dragons):

The group from Penny Arcade:

And the Geek & Sundry Relics and Rarities:

They all have different takes on the story telling and a lot of it tends to focus in the story part first.

2 Likes