ELINT POD in the DCS Viggen

I do… Enter the Ziggen?

:slight_smile: But seriously, gimme a day or two.

6 Likes

Damnit guys, I’m gonna have to learn the Viggen now. I don’t have time for this!!

5 Likes

When in doubt: Börk

3 Likes

You still interested in me doing this?

Yes!
But I’m not the one taking the lead on this.
I got the impression that @Andrew116 had some thoughts on this.
I’d like to hear what he, and the rest of you guys, think.
Especially if we’re doing a Mudspike squad…

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

MUDSPIKE! I didn’t even see it!
Mudspikes are exactly what the U22 is looking for! :smile:

This is getting better and better!
MUDSPIKE — STRÅLANDE NYHETER

Ha!

2 Likes

Still trying to deal with the thunder on his face, that part is still WIP, but the rest seems pretty solid to me?

5 Likes

Yes!!!
Even got a splinter camo face! Good thinking!
Looks great! Maybe offset the lightning bolt to the left…?

Copy all. I’ll stick the pdf data into a spread sheet and add to it for “newly discovered” emitters and then throw it on line somewhere for all to see. The Viggen’s ELINT collection , along with its jamming capability makes it a semi-one-man EA-6B or EF-18.

There are some really good possibilities for multi-player missions–2 or more aircraft, flying different routes near the same SAM sites then combining their combining “take” from and running it through the MUDSPIKE Viggen Test (really an ELINT correlateor) and getting a much more refined plot - then pass that to players flying strike aircraft (or just reload the Viggens with some A2G munitions). I think I saw somewhere that the default S-25 or Su25T has a similar pod. If so a simulator capability for Red.

Perhaps not applicable to the fast pace of a Blue Flag…a more methodical multiplayer campaign…I haven’t looked at all the server sites…hopefully one exists.

3 Likes

His left? My left? :stuck_out_tongue: just kidding.

2 Likes

Bättre?

1 Like

BOOOORK!!! :heart_eyes:

Hehe how do we make a patch out of this?
How do we go on from here?

I did a quick test in AI.

45%20PM

The font has been used by Flygvapnet, in ads like this.

It says “Airforce - As high as you can get” I know… No, they don’t condone drugs :wink:
Maybe our motto should be “Strålande Nyheter - MUDSPIKE As Low As You Can Go” :wink:

3 Likes

Me likely! I can work with that!

A user over on Hoggit made a app that you can copy and paste the whole ELINT page directly in and it will map it.

https://elint-app.firebaseapp.com/

I haven’t tested it yet but it seemed it could be very helpful.

Edit: I see fearless was already on the thread chatting with the creator :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

I finally got around to giving this a go last night. Very interesting feature that they have added and I love that the community stepped up with some nice code to use it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It being Viggen month I gave the ELINT capability a go tonight. It seems that there have been several new platforms introduced since this capability was introduced - some PRC ships and the Silkworm radar. The pods apparently detect and record the ELINT…at least I think so. I got a couple of hits that I couldn’t match in the ELINT table (pdf file) that was promulgated a while back.

Is there a place in the DCS support files where this stuff is listed? I’ll gladly update the list… (it’s not like I’m going anywhere for a while)

2 Likes

Check out post #36, not sure if that file location is still good, but that was the last place I know of.

1 Like

MANY THANKS! That was just the kind of post I have been looking for. Ironically had seen it before as I posted right after it.

OK, it seems that the

DCS World/mods/aircraft/AJS37/cockpit/scripts/RWR/init.lua

file has not been updated since that post. From what I read in that file’s comments section, it then looks at the wsTypes.lua file. I took a look at that one and it too does not seem to have been updated for a while - it does not list the Silkworm radar or PRC ships.

The brute force way to accomplish this is to set up a simple mission - the “new” emitter platforms placed, spread out, and a Viggen flown by to collect their ELINT - probably take a few tteratios to get good numbers for each…which, if you think of it, in the RL, is how we in “the community” built these tables to begin with. :grin:

A task for another day perhaps. Thanks again.

2 Likes

So it’s not just a “bute force” way to do it, it’s also the most realistic way to do it. Go on mister, go play SIGINT analyst :smiley: I bet you’re really good at it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like