Elite: Dangerous - updates!

2 Likes

This is all you need –

All you need is…

2 Likes

So I just gave in, after the installer refusing to update, and installed the steam version.

Definitely enjoying the update so far, did some bounty hunting for about 30 minutes and racked in a few hundred thousand in bounties. Haven’t really tried out the new mission board yet.

3 Likes

Saw this on reddit, and so far I’ve found it to be really good advice. I do think the AI is a little bugged on the instadeaths occasionally, and would have liked the Engineer upgrades to be rarer on NPC’s (as it keeps them more special) but it is still fun:

2 Likes

I’ve been doing some more bounty hunting today and, to say the least, it’s been going well.

1.1 million in 24 minutes.

On a sidenote, could we get a master post somewhere with the mudspike ED players and their in-game names? (Mine is Jim Bandit). It’d be nice to get us all into a private group and meet up sometime.

5 Likes

Good idea @boomerang10, I’ll add something and pin it. I’ll make the post a ‘wiki’ which means we can all edit it and add our names.

EDIT: Here we go, please add you name if interested:

Freakin sharks with lasers!

1 Like

Saw something today I hadn’t seen before. Apparently you can now be sent missions real time while away from the station, which you can then accept or reject.

4 Likes

Oooh nice

1 Like

Started playing this again… reminded me how much fun it is and how badly I suck at it. And how much time you have to invest. Man oh man.

Took me 1.5hrs to fix my voice attack (all my sounds were moved to a different drive so I had to remap) and rebinding keys (I guess one of the updates unbound all my keyboard controls so voice attack wasn’t able to do anything).

Been spending my time flying around getting used to things again. Blew up a viper with the help of two federal police for a 4k bounty… and been doing some mission board stuff trying to figure out the rep and all that takes a lot of .missions to increase rep it looks like.

Can’t seem to find any missions that increase my federation rank now though. Will ha e to hunt for that. Stcuk at petty officer for now.

Did a planetary landing… that was kinda neat to figure out.

4 Likes

Cobra Mk.III, Eagle and Sidewinder get BODYKITS!

1 Like

Ok, now we need resonator tips for the engine exhausts, racing stripes, and exterior decals with random company names and logos.

And NOS. That should be a craftable premium boost type. Moar boost, but then you have a chance of a “Danger to Manifold” warning coming in, followed by the cockpit floor falling out.

3 Likes

Neon Lights ftw!

2 Likes

Meanwhile, the greatest movie of the early 2000’s is playing on TV here. There needs to be an Elite Dangerous remake:

“It’s not how your stand by your ship; it’s how you race your ship.”
“I live my life a quarter light year at a time. For that ten seconds, or less, I’m free.”

2 Likes

Ok, it’s hard to type this on the phone (arms shaking, knees weak, moms spaghetti etc . etc. ) and also hard to keep my inner hype to Very Low levels… but at GamesCon in Germany there was the biggest reveal of the year for Elite Dangerous- release 2.2

breathing intensifies

Oh my Gods, what I’ve seen…

I’ll report tonight as soon as I have some time.
But if you have a spare minute- look for Frontier Design Youtube Channel…

1 Like

Well, Drew Wagar has written another novel, so my guess is:

2 Likes

Aliens are confirmed but the funny thing is Thargoids weren’t… so, uhm. Makes you think…

1 Like

We already have aliens game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah, you’ve got to be more specific!

I’ve seen a few of the videos they posted, I think the coolest thing I’ve seen so far is the ship launched fighters.

1 Like

Get this…

2 Likes