Emulators

Link for what? A lot of things were thrown around…

Combat ace of course :blush:

There’s this COOL place where you find ROM for emery EMULATOR. :wink:

1 Like

breathes and unsticks eyes

3 hours playing ace combat 4 with the textures all messed up. Loved every second followed by 4 hours playing GTA san Andreas… not a single screenshot or video taken but my GOD did I ever have a fun evening messing around

Managed after a few attempts to get San Andreas to play in full 1080p with no ghosting. It was glorious. To be honest I’d still be playing now but I really needed to fly on DCS and get my Viggen on before bed.

Hey I found a solution for that, but not a definitive one.

Basically the “matrix like” terrain textures on Ace combat are down to a setting “Mip Maps” that I can’t understand why can only be changed in Software mode, which makes everything lag and slow down to single digits frame per second…

Playing with settings until it’s perfect. I do not give up.

1 Like

Same here. Honestly messing around with this is half the fun…
Metal gear 3 is just…beautiful

Regarding Ace Combat games on PS2 they are very problematic to run without graphical issues in hardware mode (that allows upscaling and better internal resolution). I just play them in software mode which looks basically the same as on actual PS2 without any artifacts or other annoyances.

1 Like

I googled to the same effect, its playable in software mode, still great fun and I have never seen the story to shattered skies. its pretty good fun

2 Likes

What are your settings in PCSX2 for that?

1 Like

Will report ASAP

That’s the spirit, fenrik! (Did I spell it right, @Troll?)

2 Likes

So I tried every possible combination- 1080 work with a slight texture graphical corruption.
YMMV, for me it’s OK, other people swear makes the game impossible to play.
ADmittedly it does take away a bit of the PS2 charm…

Only real way to play Ace Combat with no corruption is to use Software mode which limits you to the original resolution. And which brings back quite some of that PS2 charm. :slight_smile:

Let me know what you think!

These are the settings.
HW mode

SW mode

No.
Study these. There will be a test tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just in case, look at this!

2 Likes

SO I tested the emulator with the development version and his settings and you basically have every Ace Combat without graphical issues!

2 Likes

Nice! I will have to test it myself. So you’re saying you downloaded the latest developement build? I’m still using stable 1.4.0 and some newer 1.5.something from over a year ago.

2 Likes

Great work dude!! Looking forward to trying this when I get home

1 Like

I checked AC4 and AC5 with “pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3402-ge53b2585d-windows-x86” dev build, still have issues (basically the same as with previosu PCSX2 versions). Hardware mode wont render 3d clouds (you may not notice it if you didn’t played the games on PS2) and aircraft in AC4 are black from outside.

Also when upscaling, you might get black verical lines and other missaligned sprites, to fix it go to Video Plugin Settings and check the “Enable HW Hacks”, press “Advanced Settings and Hacks” beside it and in new window check the “Align Sprite” and “Wild Arms Offset”.

1 Like

That’s not the one to use…
I don’t remember the details, but.check the video.
It’s something that ends in SS4.

I watched it throuroughly.

I got slighlty newer build dev-3402 (from 2020-04-14), I might try the one he used dev-3401 (from 2020-04-08) but I doubt there will be any change as the only update was to controller.

Anyway, his recommendation are a bit off, if your PC can handle you should select GS plugin that supports AVX2 (he used SSE4) but maybe his CPU doesn’t support that instruction set?

Also I would recommend going with Direct3D 11, especially if you use software mode and you have more recent GPU. It will be faster than OpenGL.

@komemiute Could you drop a screenshot of your plane from outside view from AC4 in hardware mode? Mine is black - other planes are fine, it’s an old issue. I suspect it has to do with the way the game renders self-shadows on your plane (other planes have no self-shadowing).

1 Like