EVGA says "no" to Nvidia

Gamer’s Nexus is reporting EVGA will not build 4000 series cards .

4 Likes

Now lets see who ends up regretting this the most.

1 Like

That’s too bad, I’ve been buying evga cards since the 700 series or thereabouts and have had good luck with them.

Only had one problem, and the warranty/replacement card deal went smoothly.

Any other brands of cards you guys have been sticking with for a while that you would recommend?

2 Likes

EVGA was my go to until my current build. I went with an ASUS 2080 super no issues out of it.

2 Likes

It’ll be Nvidia; that video (and one Jay Two cents released simultaneously) were very telling.

2 Likes

I’d like to see an official statement, but yeah, my last three GPUs have been EVGA. Quality products.

Edit: interesting that this comes one day after the Ethereum merge. Judging by what the crypto mining YT sites are reporting about mining ops shutting down, there are about to be 10s of thousands more mining cards on the market. I bet that you will be able to get a 3090 for $600 soon.

2 Likes

I’ve been an Asus user for the last decade or so, maybe even longer. Never once did hardware fail on me.

3 Likes

I’ve been buying EVGA cards for many years also so this is very interesting news. My current 3090 is a Founders Edition and the first non-EVGA card I’ve purchased in a long time.

If I go with Nvidia on my next hardware refresh I’ll probably go Asus or another FE. AMD seems to be offering some real competition finally so hopefully that will result in more options and better prices.

3 Likes

My current build is an Asus 3070 and its a solid piece of hardware - im very satisfied. Ive also been using Asus MB’s for 25+ years and never once had an issue, so i guess i should disclose a certain degree of brand loyalty :thinking:

3 Likes

Thanks all for the tips.

Come to think of it, I’ve also been using Asus boards for 15+ years, so it makes sense my next card will probably be an Asus. They just aren’t really a company I think of for cards for some reason (but I guess I never really had to).

So many of us loyal customers . I am at a loss. I corrently own EVGA 1080 water cooled, 2080Ti and 3080Ti. Im fine to skip 40XX but Damn EVGA!!!

1 Like

I thought I got a good deal on my 3090 FE when I snagged one from Best Buy for MSRP @ $1499 in February last year. Now its probably worth less than $1k. I could be pissed about that… but I did sell my 2080 TI for MORE than I paid for it so there’s that. :grin:

I’ll probably be skipping the 4000 series. At least that’s what I’m telling myself right now…

2 Likes