FA-18 Trouble with DCS Download

Ok purchased the Hornet module from DCS but would not download. Tried stuffing around with re-purchasing - no go. Says I already have a licence for this module. Well whoopy do but still dont have it and nope it is not displayed on my bought modules or on the E-Shop icons on the bottom of the page. Do I have to fill in a ticket and wait my turn. Anyone else have trouble with downloading your purchase.
Have been doing some research. Is this module only for the DCS Beta version, maybe thats why it wont download as I only have the latest version.

@Scoop had some similar experiences, recently.

1 Like

What is Skatezilla ???.

1 Like

Skatezilla made an application with which you can manage your DCS install. It’s explained here:

3 Likes

Who is @SkateZilla :wink:

2 Likes

Why is Skate… Zilla?

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

this is…

8 Likes

Where is @SkateZilla?

2 Likes

Thought I would reply to myself instead of making another thread. In reply to myself LOL. have joined the queue with a ticket to DCS.
Havn’t managed to download this Skatezilla app, but thinking from what I have read that it could be a dangerous thing in my hands. Thing that worries me is that I could stuff things up so much that I would end up having to buy the game again.
As with old dudes like me where I could delete the game and reinstall from 50+ dvds ,what can I do to back-up my purchase, buy a $100 external HDD and copy all files to that ???.

1 Like

If you all are going to go about and summon the man, we should be polite enough to ask:

How is @SkateZilla?

1 Like

That would be one way to do it.
From our experiences generally there are not many cases where “nuking” your DCS install and starting from full scratch is required. The example Troll linked to is one case.

Did your purchase complete with payment? The DCS store will show status “complete” when all is said and done. There have been some cases where the payments get hung up in cyberspace for a while and you have “purchased” but since it’s not “completed” the license isn’t active and you can’t grab it in DCS to download.

I guess we have to ask WHEN is @SkateZilla too right? :clock1: : :popcorn:

1 Like

@SkateZilla cubed…

2 Likes

Hi Wes, nah all paid for and DCS approved payment email received. I’m in the queue too. will just have to wait.

Thanks Sryan but the download link didnt work ???.

Hello @ahab.
A Forum update broke several things at ED including Skatezilla’s thread and download link.

Wheels

1 Like

Lucky you.
Our Cooter hockey is cancelled this season. :pleading_face: