Fanatec users! Input needed…

The Plalyseat was OK about 20 years ago, but unfortunately that post in the middle gets in the way. There are better options.

1 Like

They look really flimsy, but reviews seem to indicate thst they’re not…
I like the way they can be stored.

Ok. I would’ve thought it was ok.
Those Next Level collapsible pits that @chaz linked to seems a bit hard to get in and out of…?

Edit. Scratch that! Just watched a video…

I went with the F-GT Lite since it can be set up for F1 seating.
Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

It might be OK for a 2 pedal setup, but for 3, the brake sits inline with it. You end up doing foot gymnastics and for heal/toe my left shin pressed into the bar. Not fun.

2 Likes

I see your point. Anyway, the F-GT Lite doesn’t have that issue. Will be interesting to see how it works. It’s got good reviews, but one must expect a little flex… I doubt I’m a good enough driver to notice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

once I decided to go Fanatec back when I was on iRacing, the UPS Driver was delivering Fanatec boxes almost weekly.

Started with a entry level wheel, then moved up to a high end wheel, then moved up to higher end pedals, then shifter, then e-brake,

I practically built a car in my office space.

and then there’s wheel rim upgrades, then shifter handle upgrades, then pedal spring and tensioner upgrades.

It’s a rabbit hole that I gladly went down in the early 2000s.

3 Likes

I dunno, out of all the pets I’ve cared for.

That’s def. a “this is not treats or new toy for me” face.

4 Likes

I was thinking that since he didn’t pee on, bark at or chew on the gear, he approved… But you’re right, there is a certain WTF look on his face.

1 Like

Now that you say it, I can never be sure if that behaviour is approval or disapproval :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I will ask the vet’s opinion when Bertil has his 1-year physical, next week! :laughing:

2 Likes

If he pee’s on, barks at or bites the vet - disapproval :rofl:

2 Likes

Anyone have experience of the Fanatec ClubSport Static Shifter paddles? My current wheel has shifter paddles that rotate with the steering wheel.

Static? I thought they were supposed to turn with the wheel…

Yes, they work as advertised and are great for rally. I was disappointed when I found out that they aren’t compatible with my CSL DD. Be sure to check compatibility with your wheelbase.

Not in rally. The wheels rotate so far and fast that you find yourself not knowing if the shift levers are on the right side or inverted. When they used to use wheel shifters, it was a large one on the right rear that would stay in one position and the driver would push or pull to shift. Now they have standardized on the sequential lever.

Example of shifter near the wheel at 2 to 3 o’clock.

4 Likes

I told you I wasn’t into Rally… :wink:
Interesting info though. :+1:

Thank you kindly Chipwich. They will be compatible with my Clubsport 2.5.
Sorry to highjack the thread Troll.

1 Like

Hey… It’s still about Fanatec gear! :wink:

1 Like

I am keenly watching this thread. I love virtual racing. Assetto Corsa was my vice for a while. I got rid of my virtual pit to go to Iraq. I know ill get better stuff someday… My racing rig was on a Wheel Stand Pro. Im really sold on the quality, sturdiness and durability. Ill get another in the future.
Bertil is cute as can be. I do have to agree with Skate…“What is this?!? There is nothing here for me!!” LoL

2 Likes

Bah! I’ll teach him how to use it!
After all, he is a lapdog…! :wink:

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes