Fanatec users! Input needed…

I see what you did there :joy:

1 Like

This is how I imagine Troll’s relationship with his CSL DD is going.

3 Likes

It’s more of a platonic love at the moment. Still waiting for the powersupply and the seat…

1 Like

Merry Christmas, from Troll to Troll.

11 Likes

Living the dream with two sim pits

6 Likes

Troll immediately had second thoughts, as he unboxed the seat…

5 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

Had some time over to start putting everything together and adjust to my liking…
We’ll see how it feels when racing, but so far I’m impressed by the relative sturdiness of the Next Level F-GT Lite seat! Some sway is there, but I expected more, tbh.

6 Likes

ironically I was looking at that seat,

Since everything I fly/drive is in VR (except forza motorsport).

I was going to clear off the floor in my walk in closet, and put a seat and mount all the controls to it and leave it in the closet w/ a fan, that way I can be in complete darkness lol.

1 Like

The replacement Boost Kit finally arrived!!

Now I have no more excuses left… :grimacing:

4 Likes

Excuse my ignorance but what does a boost kit do?

1 Like

Eh more or less boosts the pilot.

Like this.

(sorry for the joke)

5 Likes

My understanding is that it’s just a larger powersupply for the wheelbase allowing higher torque for longer time.

4 Likes

I know you have said that you aren’t interested in Rally and you have just missed the January ‘championships’ but…

3 Likes

Thought the Fanatec users here would enjoy this review on the latest formula wheel. It’s even console ready!

I like it in every way, except for the diameter. It’s just too small at 270mm, IMHO. 300 is perfect for me, but 290 or even 280mm would be acceptable. But 270? Nah.

What do you think @Troll? Didn’t you get a CS Formula v2.5?

2 Likes

Yeah 300mm seems to be the sweet spot. My round wheel is 300mm and my formula wheel is 290mm. The formula wheel has always felt a smidge small. I did recently get a 300mm GT butterfly wheel which feels great.

I did, yes.
I am ashamed to admit I haven’t used it yet… I really need to get that up and running.

Size-wise, it’s small, buit suitable for F1, IMO.

1 Like

I got tired of waiting and cancelled my order with Fanatec on Thursday and got a refund soon after. Today I read the CEO has been fired. I didn’t expect that consequence!

https://www.eqs-news.com/news/adhoc/endor-ag-dismissal-of-ceo-thomas-jackermeier/2025217

5 Likes