Fascinating video on the reconstruction of MH17

The way they rebuilt the airplane is very similar to how investigators reconstructed TWA800…

The triangulation to determine the blast point is fascinating…using both physical evidence and the millisecond differences in the four CVR microphones…

And a pretty interesting video of what a Buk warhead would do to a similar type cockpit…

BeachAV8R

1 Like

Addendum to the BUK side of MH17

Perhaps it’s morbid, but I love flight crash investigations. The science of using clues in the materials left behind to conclusively figure out what happened is pretty hardcore.

1 Like

You’d have loved the Crash Lab at ERAU Prescott (where I went to school). They have a bunch of crash scenes laid out as they actually appeared. The professors take you through and show you all the clues and structural failure modes and ground scars, etc… It is fascinating. Rumor has it, one year some guys snuck in and tucked a cow carcass inside of the Cessna 402 as a prank…(could be urban myth)… The aviation safety and crash investigation courses were probably among the most interesting I took there…

BeachAV8R

@BeachAV8R, I did love it! Graduated from ERAU Prescott myself.

I forgot about that…LOL… You were probably in the Smart Guy section of the campus. :smiley: Was Dr. Bill Waldock still there when you were there?