Favourite flight sims according to GMG

https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/your-favourite-flight-simulators/?utm_source=neolane&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-02-01_BI-1140_Community_FTW60&utm_content=Nerd_Discount

Ace combat & flight sim?!? This is heresy!

You gotta admit, it’s a bit closer than Steam’s “simulation” category…

1 Like

Played all of those except for MSCFS

I beg your pardon, but that article is horse manure.

3 Likes

To be fair, it’s based on what people voted in, so that’s to be expected.

Just hard to believe people didn’t vote for FSX…

Evidently AC7 is getting review bombed at Steam because folks can’t fly with their HOTAS :slight_smile:

Wish I had more time tonight. I’d find one of ya’lls fantastic sim pit pics and photoshop in an AC7 screen on the monitor…

OK, I’ll buy that. But the results were so eclectic, it left me confused as who is their target demographic. And as others have pointed out, their definition of flight simulator is somewhat loose.

Other than Falcon 4 and DCS (down the list),IMO most of the choices were neither an acurate representation of flight nor a simulator.

Kids People who play Fortnite.

1 Like

#ShotsFired

He’s not wrong.

I think part of the problem is that we lack a more universal general term for the genre of “game where you fly stuff”, of which the more serious flight simulators are a sub genre. Sort of like how automotive racing sims are a sub-genre of the overall racing genre. If the article was “Fav racing games”, iRacing could rub shoulders next to mario kart.

2 Likes