First Flight! - Belsimtek DCS: F-5E Tiger II

A new Mudspike article published at: http://www.mudspike.com/first-flight-belsimtek-dcs-f-5e-tiger-ii/

This weekend I had the opportunity to take my first flight in the upcoming Belsimtek F-5E Tiger II module for DCS World. Metal was bent. Tires were blown. And I’ve been banned from NTTR for the foreseeable future. So basically, things went just as I thought they would. This article and accompanying images was written…

9 Likes

How come my first flights just either finish in a ball of flame or in the controls config screen and yours look so good? :smile:

The Tiger looks great so far - cheers @BeachAV8R

2 Likes

:smiley: Isn’t it the “ritual” to go into the controller config screen and find all those duplicate control assignments and delete them all. I love it when I move a throttle and the rudders wag and the elevators pitch around. I can’t tell you how many times my first flights have ended up in a fireball or rotor pieces flying…LOL…

Some F-5 heavy breathing video…

2 Likes

Good morning gentlemen…the temperature is 110 degrees…

Is that 110 deegres celsius or kelvin?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it pretty much feels like the surface of the sun in Arizona right now. Actually…pretty much the whole of the United States… ugh… @EinsteinEP must be melting out there!

2 Likes

It’s fine, it’s fine. It’s a dry heat…

1 Like

When it is so hot that planes sink into the asphalt…

2 Likes

It was a bad attempt at asking you if the module was good or bad. As in 110 Celsius (230F) is hot and 110 Kelvin (-261.67F) is cold :wink:

1 Like

So’s an oven! :wink:

The oven metaphor, by the way, is an amazingly apt description of what it feels like outside right now.

1 Like

4 Likes

great stuff beachAv8r ! cant wait for the F-5E to get out allready … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent read! Looking forward to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the review.

Great timing - I just saw a spectacular F-5 display from the Turkish Stars at the danish airshow this sunday - I think i’ll have to get my hands on an F-5 when it comes out :smiley:

1 Like