FJS 737-200 First Flight

I fixed it by buying a car :wink:

3 Likes

3 Likes

This sounds fun! Was wondering how the approaches will completely change once I will switch from slow cessna to something really big and fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is, and itā€™s not that different really, just fly everything a lot bigger!

1 Like

Wake up! WAKE UP!!

Photobucket GIF

I just bought the 732 off the recent X-plane org sale to complete my FJS Boeing collection (I already have the 727 and almost finished the previous Xmas trek with it - sigh).

Iā€™m just flicking through Chuckā€™s guide - it looks like there are a lot of similarities between the two cockpits, is that right? Obviously Boeing removed the Flight Engineerā€™s station, which changes the layout somewhat, but apart from that, a lot of it looks very familiar. I think even the engines are the same, JT8Dā€™s on both aircraftā€¦although might be rated differently, perhaps?

It will be interesting to see if my time in the 727 will make it easier to pick up this bird. I figure, if I start learning it now and push for an early start for the Xmas trek, I might even finish the journey this yearā€¦!

2 Likes

They are indeed very alike, just keep in mind you only have 2 engines now, and the wings on a 72 definitely feel different to me!

1 Like

I always forget that I have L/R throttles mapped on my HOTAS and so that third engine is wondering why Iā€™m not using itā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

Yesā€¦I havenā€™t compared the performance or specs yet, but Iā€™d assume that the clean wing of the 727 would perform quite differently.

One of these days I should add a more modern RNAV capable jet in my stable but I have to say Iā€™m enjoying these old jets a lot. :blush:

Pfft, itā€™s just a derated takeoff :wink:

They are the best! I enjoy messing with all the systems in these machines!

2 Likes