Flight Sim Slump, Project Cars on PS4

Well, I was wrong again. AC has just as much detail in car setup as pCars, maybe even more. Toe in, Caster, Anti Roll bars settings… its all there.
This weekend I got a new toy. An F1 Steering Wheel by Thrustmaster! It is really a great tool to drive F1 cars. A completely different feel from the Logitech G29. I still use the Logitech pedals via an adapter. Had a few races offline… This is very addictive.

2 Likes

@Maico, you’re killing me!
I need to get a new wheel and pedals.
Little more info in that TM F1 wheel, please…

1 Like

Alright sir, but only cos you insist.
I am changing from the G-29 to the RS300 base and a F1 wheel. I chose this purchase based on some things I have learned about sim racing. The Logitech pedals are still considered the best in the business, so I wanted to use the ones I have. I own 2 sets (G27 and G29). The first two things that struck me about the wheel were, that it was small and it has a lot of buttons. I am medium in everything. Medium shirts and gloves. To me, the wheel fit perfectly, It is even better when you are all twisted up and need to shift. NO Problem. As soon as I got out of the pits, I realized the wheel is a lot smoother than the Logitech. There is no choppiness and it is quiet and smooth. But I thought, “Now I got to get used to this new wheel”. In an hour I had posted my fastest lap ever in the game. With this wheel, I feel a lot of confidence and I can put my front wheel just where I want it. Like the Warthog Hotas, this is a quality piece of hardware.
Here is some mistakes I made, so hopefully you don’t. When you plug the power cord into the wheel base, make sure you push it All the way in. Mine was hard to get in and I thought my wheel was DOA, it was not.
I used the 3drap mod for one of my Logitech pedal sets. I did not like it. I much prefer to leave them stock. I am learning to heel and toe. I cant heel and toe if the brake pedal is super heavy. So I went back to my stock pedals.

3 Likes

Thanks @Maico!
I have the ooold Logitech Momo Racing Forcefeedback

It was the wheel to have, what, 15 years ago?
I recon it won’t compare to the wheels of today, and it has got just two pedals.
I was thinking about building my own pedal set, and shifter, and just buy a new wheel…

1 Like

Loving the AC vibe. Enjoying it as well. Perhaps a scheduled race? i know a mudspiker with an 8 slot AC server (cough Toppo cough)

2 Likes

I’m on an eight year old Logitech Driving Force GT, only two pedals but seems to do the job on AC.

As @Bogusheadbox’s shameless plug suggests, I’m renting an 8 slot server at the moment, happy to set something up if anyone wants a bash.

3 Likes

Happy to push the “yes” button

1 Like

The museum of gaming would give you good money for them. :slight_smile: Now seriously, two pedal setups will work nowadays as long as you use buttons or paddles to shift. I drive the old cars and prefer the clutch but for a bit of fun… its ok. Just be careful. Assetto Corsa is very addictive as is pCars.

1 Like

[quote=“Maico, post:28, topic:4201”]
The museum of gaming would give you good money for them[/quote]

NEVER! :slight_smile:
I still remember buying it…
It was a demo ex. at a local electronics store. Just the wheel. Dirt cheap.
I grabbed it and went to the counter and asked if there was a set of pedals to go with the wheel, knowing very well there should be.
“Don’t think so” was the answer I got. But the clerk went in the back to have a look. Sure enough, he came back with the box with pedals inside.
I just love the looks of the wheel! Stitched leather and all.
My plan has always been to remove the wheel and cover the Logitech logo with a Ferrari prancing horse, and mount it on the wall, the day it gives up it’s ghost.

[quote=“Maico, post:28, topic:4201”]
Just be careful. Assetto Corsa is very addictive as is pCars[/quote]

Warning recieved. :wink:
That’s what I’m afraid of…

2 Likes

And I have not had a fly in Normandy yet. Every night I do laps and try to beat my time or just get silly with the cars

1 Like