Flightsim Community Survey 2019

After taking a several hour long break I am finished, that was a really long 5 minutes :wink:

1 Like

I also found that 80% or more of the questions did not pertain to the only sim i fly-DCS .

2 Likes

Done but as above, less relevant because of DCS
haha. Seems to be a trend!

1 Like

Which is WHY I used a “Troll” response in all the drop downs where I asked them to ask us ALL if we wouldn’t like to see a Combat Flight Simulator developed OUTSIDE the Russian Federation for a change.

We’ll wait for results.

CFS 4.2- which will only require that we “rent” our planes and maps- the aerodromes will be free to all comers.

1 Like

As most have already stated, largely irrelevant to the combat flight sim community. However i sneaked in a couple of responses about ‘survey combat flight sims’, DCS, Falcon4, aaaand Strike Fighters 2 among all those “noes” and “nevers”

2 Likes

My man!

If I may offer a viewpoint from the perspective of someone who has been a part of similar surveys.

@NEVO’s point is valid:

Admittedly, the survey originators/promoters, (so far I’ve seen Navigraph, ORBX and Carenado) are admittedly civ FS companies. So they are not really looking hard at the combat questions.

That said, for the combat sim only folks, your answers on the civ sim focused questions do provide valuable information. You are a specific demographic that is different from the civ-only or civ-and-combat simmers. Thus the differences in your answers are important “markers” as it were. If nothing else, areas where a civ sim might change to draw combat-only simmers into civ sims.

With that in mind I was a bit surprised at not seeing any (I think) questions pertaining to TACPACK capabilities
its been a while since I worked with TACPACK and FSX@War
have they gone the way of the buffalo?

3 Likes

And here we go:

with the full report here.

VR is not really widespread
 in the civil (mostly IFR) flight simming at least. Turning knobs in VR is probably less fun than looking out of the cockpit (for VFR cues or bandits :grinning:).

Though let’s keep in mind that due to Navigraph business interests, the survey was civil sim oriented. On many occasions, Il-2 GB was represented under ‘others’ :grinning:

Interesting read nevertheless.

1 Like

Only 0.7% of the respondents were women - and unfortunately this gender distribution is consistent with last year’s survey as well.

I guess the “unfortunately” part means something like, “If you are single and looking to leverage this hobby to start a relationship with a young lady, you are better off hitting Bingo Night at the American Legion hall.”
or words to that affect. :grimacing:

2 Likes