Flyable C130 for DCS World! With 3D clickable cockpit and more!

Problem here is that the modders (as far as I know) don’t have access to the same code that Heatblur has, so they have a very limited ability to model the engine. If they had a license and access to the same API, then, yeah, they could model it (and the radios and AAR of course).

1 Like

True, but that has nothing to do with there being provisions for a turboprop engine or not, which was my point in the first place. That is a problem of officially supported 3rd parties vs unofficial ones.

1 Like

No, of course not. I was just thinking that nobody had done one, AFAIK.
ED made the Yak-52 to test radial engine modelling, in preparation for the Thunderbolt.
So maybe modelling the nuances of turboprop engines may be out of reach for a user mod?
Razbam is working on one for the Super Tucano. Don’t know how far they’ve come?

1 Like

How neat

3 Likes

I’d argue that simulating the nuances of any engine is out of scope of a user mod, just as a good overall FM is. Looking purely at the engine itself, it isn’t any more complicated than any other jet engine (which is still complicated if you want to do it really well). Modelling the slipstream on top of that is a different bag, however.

How well that will be simulated is anybodies guess.

Don’t get me wrong though, i think this is a fabulous accomplishment for a user mod. One should keep his expectations in check however of what can be realistically achieved by such a project.

2 Likes

I wish! :joy:

Don’t look at it from the point of the operator. :wink:

The classical engineering perspective!

2 Likes

This is the first DCS mod with more than 2 engines, isn’t it?
I know Il-2 has only the Ju-52 with 3, although ROF before it had the 4 engine bombers.

1 Like

There is the HE111 to fly in IL2

I always wanted to do this in DCS :smiley:

1 Like

Question. Does anyone know if combined arms vehicles can be driven into the back?

IL-2 1946 had the 4 engine TB-3. Plus several two engine bombers. exitstageleft

Wheels

1 Like

I haven’t tried in MP but I’m pretty sure you can’t. The objects inside the cargo bay are actually weapons that you jettison. You load and unload them with the rearming menu.

1 Like

Ah I see. I watched the video and saw him ‘loading’ them but was curious about the 3d space in the model.

Still cool as heck though

yeah, when you select your loadout in the rearming menu it first spawns behind the aircraft and after a short time it slides right in.

1 Like

The He-111 has only 2 engines, it’s a medium bomber.

Il-2 46 is a 20 year old sim. Neither DCS nor Il-2:BoX use its code, though BoX uses ROF’s as I pointed out previously.

For recent sims, the existence of a 4-engined plane has been a bridge too far it seems. I’ve had the impression there was a coding limitation that would need to be addressed first, but it could be simply their reluctance to make one that gave it.

Doh so sorry I am dumb :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

has anyone got a link for this as the ones on here are dead and i havent a clue where to look

*disregard. i used this new thing called “google” and found in 5 seconds. sorry

1 Like