Flying Circus Screens

Blockquote Let me just say right here that the Camel is not very well suited to this roll.

Can’t remember which pilot it was, but I read someone who talked about Camel pilots being required to do almost continuous ground attack to support the big Allied push in 1918 and how incredibly dangerous and frightening it was.

Ha! Agreed. On the other hand, it was probably hard to hit from the ground as well.

1 Like
3 Likes

The trailer was made by ShamrockOneFive. I am fairly certain his former handle was Icefire and as Icefire made several nice missions for the old IL-2 game version.
He has several more videos and articles on his web page.

Wheels

2 Likes

Was trying to decide whether I’d get this or Tank Crew; decided on this for now before the discount ends. Glad both the Pfalz and Bristol F2B are in, as those were my favorites in Rise of Flight.

4 Likes

I agree! But I love the name ”Flying Circus”, just as much as I disliked the name ”Rise of Flight” in the beginning :wink:

The discount of “Tank Crew” is over, no? It’s showing a $69 on my storefront.

That is the sale price (sorry if you were asking something different)

1 Like

No, it’s not out of EA yet and probably won’t be for a few months. FC on the other hand won’t have a discount for much longer as they announced last week that it’s no longer EA.

Ahh, got it. I was thinking of that 60% sale a few weeks back. But I guess that didn’t apply to Tank Crew at the time.

Nope, anything still EA at the time as well as new wasn’t on sale, just the older stuff. I was a bit hesitant to hop onto the FC train as WW1 was never really my thing (I never played ROF that much) but I figured Tank Crew would still be a ways off so I could take advantage of the EA discount for it at a later date.

Right, Il-2 EA titles have a $10 discount usually but never go on sale. Released products only for that, but usually quite awhile after release.

I like FC quite a lot, but I’ve held off on Tank Crew just because I’m not sure it would get any attention from me.

I tried out the two tanks included with one of the BoX titles which was fun, so I’m pretty sure I’ll get Tank Crew eventually for that reason. It was an interesting change of pace and will probably be very interesting if some combined arms missions are built/out there for it.

1 Like

I didn’t think I’d ever really play TC as I had/have very little interest in tanks, but I greatly enjoy it. Part of the reason for me at least is it doesn’t require any set up or prep work on my part. I’m sure I can’t be the only one who needs to take a fair amount of time getting ready whenever they want to sim. So the ease of access at least had got me playing it to start, but it’s also pretty fun as well.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing but I have found prefer TC over the planes for the most part. The ease of just jumping in a blowing things up in a relatively short time has an appeal all its own.

Wheels

3 Likes

I’ve not managed to get the tanks Ive already got included with BoX to work, so I guess I made the error of thinking it would be mapped already.
I haven’t had time to go in and map the controls, if I do manage to get time to run it I wind up flying instead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes