Flying Circus -The Spiritual sequel to RoF!

YES!
NO…! I won’t be home until saturday… :weary:

I gotta stop typing after drinking!

I’m with you there. It’s nice to see WWI getting love, but that price is simply too much for me.

1 Like
5 Likes

Installing, and it’s taking its sweet time…

1 Like

Ooh, do a Screens & AARs and let us know what you think please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still. Downloading. I’m getting a steady 1.2 Mbps. 2001 called, they want their download speeds back.

1 Like

I was surprised to find out that I had 40% off coupons for some the collector planes that had expired :smiley:

1 Like

Based on when you purchased Rise of Flight or content for Rise of Flight you do not qualify for a Flying Circus promo code. To qualify you must have purchased a copy of ROF or content for ROF prior to January 1, 2013.

:sadpanda:

1 Like

So, uh, I’ve got it up and running, but I’m having some, ah… issues.

Anybody know how to start the engine on the DR.1?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty early. I think I got most of my ROF stuff really really cheap, as when it EOL’d they aggressively did the sales prices. I don’t mind not having a discount for that.

Got some stick time in the SPAD, but I have to be up early and the screenshots came out as bmp’s that I don’t have the brainpower to convert now. More update tomorrow.

1 Like

Neither do I in reality. Id still prefer to have a discount haha.

2 Likes

Something like xnconvert is free and pretty nice to use. It’ll batch convert bmp’s to png’s without much fuss.

1 Like

I’m a bit amazed to find out that I bought RoF Iron Cross edition back at the end of '12. I thought I didn’t get it til later, but I didn’t invest a lot of time in it. It was done pretty well but the offline campaign didn’t really draw me in. I bought a couple aircraft like the Bristol F2B, but that’s it – outside of what was included in the Iron Cross edition.

I don’t think I’ll get in on the preorder deal since I just didn’t play RoF that much. 8 bucks off isn’t enough to get me to bite, and I don’t feel like I have the time to invest in it either.

ETA: Even though I bought on December 29, 2012, they say I don’t qualify for a promo code anyways.

If running M$ Windows, just use copy pic into Paint and save as jpeg.

1 Like

This is more for if you have a whole batch of them, as it’s a pain one by one in paint.

I’ve actually updated the forum software so you can just upload/drag a bunch of .bmp files direct anyway - the forum will convert them this end and only store the smaller jpgs.

2 Likes

Good on ya FF!

1 Like

Got home, unloaded all the camping trash from the car and bought the Flying Circus pre-order.

A little later I booted it up and what sweetness. A tiny little fokker around me, clouds and sky and ground beneath all so tangible and real. I never could get any hits in RoF, but with my skittery little fokker I managed to put hits on the SPAD pretty accurately. Stereo images FTW.

Speaking of stereo, for some mysterious reason only the right gun on my fokker fires. The other fokker gun just sits there being pretty. My trigger is set to “fire all ze guns!”

1 Like

Are you sure it didn’t just jam up?
Try mapping a key to reload all guns.

I just got to try Flying Circus myself, and experienced a lot of gun jams.
Other than that… OMG! :flushed:
What an experience! WWI open cockpit flying lends itself very well to the VR equipment we’ve got today.

Flying Circus is definitely shaping up to be the VR RoF that I crave so badly…

Leaning out of the cockpit, looking down the side, at the ground… Wow!

1 Like