Free Elite Dangerous with DLC

Seems a shame to miss it, ends on the 26th. Includes the Horizons DLC. Great in 2D or especially VR.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/elite-dangerous/home

5 Likes

Hard to believe I have Elite Dangerous and haven’t played it but maybe 30 minutes. It is a AAA VR experience from what I’ve heard…just have to carve out the time.

5 Likes

Its one of those games that I so desperately want to like but it just is such an irritating experience every time. I’ve given it half a dozen or so really good stabs at over the years and it either breaks and refuses to work or just annoys me so much I give up. Its so upsetting as its utterly gorgeous and its wonderful in VR.
A mile wide and and inch deep though. Plus I’ve always been a hardcore X3 fan which hasnt helped things either.

1 Like

One of the coolest experiences in VR and generally performs quite well in VR to boot. That said, I would agree that the gameplay is rather thin or maybe a better way to say it is you kinda have to make up your own personal challenges to make the game interesting.

4 Likes

i think i have the base game only via steam… .soo…

This. For better or worse, the game doesn’t really give you any goals.

All the roads are open… but you have to make your own journey.

2 Likes

I think they updated the base game with the horizons dlc free as well … From what I read they wanted to have a unified base game for the upcoming big dlc, due in Q1 2021

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

I even supported the Kickstarter campaign and got the DVD… Haven’t even installed it.
And I really loved Frontier: Elite II on my Amiga.

2 Likes

As mentioned above … it’s probably one of the best vr titles around … The sense of scale when flying into a star port is amazing

1 Like

This doesn’t seem at odds with my normal gameplay style…I mean, Air Hauler 2 has some goals…but really you are driving your own self toward reaching them and deciding how and what those goals are…