Future of ARMA News 5/17

I literally never understood those who cried rivers about their game being available on more platforms.

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

3 Likes

In the leaked promo material, there are Steam graphics for their store page, so if it’s Epic, it’s not exclusive. Also, I’m not sure how Epic handles workshops and mods, as the material, if true, indicated that.

Also, for Magnum, it will be for console too, if the source material is true. I’m sure that’s great for console people, but perhaps not so great for the more sim type people. They may have to game-ify everything to be similar to console and less milsim. We’ll see.

It is, Reforger has console in mind.

As how they like to map the keys and controls, if ARMA comes to consoles, you should need like 6 console controllers to have access the basic function to control the soldier :smiley:

There was a time when Valve had BI’s testicles stored away in a chest. Not sure if anything has changed in that regard.

Don’t console actually allow for Mouse + keyboard to be connected?

1 Like

You’d be right, I just went through the whole PDF and it mentions steam.

I have a mouse and keyboard for my phone connected by blue tooth so the consoles would be really surprising if they didnt allow you to do the same

1 Like

Xbox supports KB+Mouse and has for a while as an UI Interface, but not as a controller.

1 Like

Arma Reforger now available at the Steam store. $29.99

1 Like
2 Likes

Now if it had the SP content of OFP in it, i’d be mighty tempted. But as is, MP only. big phat meh.

3 Likes

Broadcasted a first look if interested… started with the tutorial, then the main game mission… MP later.

ArmA Reforger 1st Look Early Access PC - Twitch

On Xbox too… bought both versions so going to broadcast the Xbox version next. BTW if you have an Xbox there’s a free trial for it.

Apparently this is a glorified paid demo of Arma 4. Fewer assets, only 2 MP modes, but the main idea behind this seems to be “get the Arma 4 engine in the hands of the modders so when Arma 4 comes out they will have mods done/far along”.

I think while a lot of us can safely skip this, it is an indicator of what Arma 4 will be like.

1 Like

Nice video here about it.

No typical mission editor and no proper AI, at least not yet…as much as I like ARMA, Im gonna pass for the moment. A lot of stuff looks pretty sweet though.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve been a long time fan since OFP. I played with Reforger for a couple hours and it just left me disappointed more than anything. Returned to Steam for a refund.

I’ll be waiting to see what Arma 4 is like. So far I’m not that impressed with the new engine.

Just show me a balanced CPU core utilization graph with this “Enfusion” engine. It better be good! :slight_smile:

(don’t worry about it … I’ll check it myself)

(There are so many more funner things to do than play this old fossil ha ha!)

It runs super well.

Hopefully, they add more content real soon. It desperately needs that because it feels really good.

4 Likes

Nice screenshots. Moar please! Especially the towns/port areas.

Just a comparison video I made between the PC on Ultra and the Xbox Series X. I play on both. The PC is obviously the better overall gaming machine. But my gaming experience… PC gamers play more in locked squads and with friends (all games). Console gamers seem to be more friendly and more into co-op and comms in open servers. Plus, my old ass can’t sit in a gaming chair for hours anymore but can on a couch. lol

ArmA Reforger PC vs Xbox Series X Comparison - YouTube

2 Likes