Game Deals & Book thread

I didn’t know about the free weekend on steam. There were rumors though. Thanks.

Btw, epic store has their Christmas sale on and $10 coupons. So, allegedly you could probably pick up bf for $10 cheaper at epic.

Also at ubi.com, ac:odyssey is $15. But with their 22% off code, it’s $11.70. Steam isn’t always best. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FWIW, my bf2042 experience so far on an i9/3080 Ti. Loads up, shows me lots of miserable news about the future, I have a think on how much whiskey I have in the house. The screen stutters a lot. Loads into a desert like tutorial, with some pretty basic looking graphics. My character looks at their feet and spins left in a circle forever. I stumble behind the PC and unplug my HOTAS, I grab the mouse, the game crashes. Tutorial over. Restart hit ‘Portal’ play, join a server that’s empty (that does look great though graphically) so I drive a tank around by myself for 5 minutes. Go back to main menu, hit the big ‘Play’ conquest button, spawn in and run to objective ‘C’ for a long time. Get sniped by a level 87, get healed, get sniped. Game then crashed. Review score: 3.14 frogs out of 9. :+1:

I’ll give it another go later, because I’m dumb.

6 Likes

Huh…that sounds remarkably like my experience with every single battlefield post 2 and bad company.

I’ll leave it. I’m literally to old for this nonsense now over and over again.

4 Likes

Battlefield 1 is a really great game. Very immersive and well liked by the community. I would recommend trying it.

1 Like

I gave the mode ‘Rush of Ages’ a go and that’s pretty fun. Smaller squads and the dose of nostalgia from some of those maps is great.

1 Like

Good move by EA since BF2042 players seem to be dropping like flies. I couldn’t even get a game going last night on any mode … apparently not enough players to fill a server LOL! (maybe there was something wrong with the servers) Then again, I’ve been doing PC players only … no cross platform.

There’s a perfectly good BF2042 discussion going on here BTW …

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/battlefield-2042

As per your stuttering on a 3080ti, I think you might be borking around with your Nvidia settings too much. Maybe restore defaults for BF2042. I’m still running 4K Ultra settings with a constant 60 fps (vsync on) … game looks great and view distances are incredible.

As per your crashes, I’ve found out the hard way that the game does not like any sort of video card overclocking and even Power Management Mode set to Prefer Maximum Performance! Set it to Normal and turn off any overclocking. The game doesn’t need it if you have a decent card. I haven’t had a crash in a week.

Ya, I’m a bit of a fanboy but I’ve actually seen some guys chat box that BF2042 is the best Battlefield in the series … probably the same guys at level 87 LOL! Kinda agreed with them though … what am I sitting at, like level 20 or something. Don’t be bashing a game because you suck at it. :wink:

Oh boy, if I know @fearlessfrog right, I think he’s busy leveling up to level 20 right now. :smiley:

1 Like

AAAaaaand two more boxes!

I’ve been looking for these two for quite a while!

Cosmi made some absolutely nuts game. Far ahead of their time.

6 Likes

Prey (2016) free on Epic Game Store

https://www.epicgames.com/store/it/p/prey

1 Like

Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider are free on the Epic store today.
Ive played the first one, extremely pleased to get the chance to play the rest for free.
I love Lara Croft in all her Guises. My Daughter is even called Lara…

The new games are very different to the old ones, but still a good bit of fun. Its more Uncharted than Tomb raider, but i still Enjoyed them and the price is makes them well worth checking out while you have the chance.

Lara Croft…mmmmmm

5 Likes

Wow! Thanks, got them!

I like those games a lot better than the old ones.
They are really well done.

1 Like

The old ones were a big part of my youth and I’ve always had a lot of love for them. Bit I’ve replayed them recently with the kids and they haven’t aged as well as I’d hoped.

However I did have a great deal of fun playing legend through, that is brilliant.

1 Like

New free games with Amazon/Twitch Prime

Wait, these too

6 Likes

Epic! (And I don’t mean the game store) thx for the heads up.

1 Like

1 Like
3 Likes

Oh dear, there goes the money again…

Yup!