Game Deals & Book thread

CMANO is 50% off. Tempted. Not sure though.

I’m not huge on the RTS style, but the subject matter looks really good. Hmmm.

Yeah…I saw that too…and thought about it…but I have Dangerous Waters and Fleet Command on my laptop…neither of which I’ve played yet. I also have Naval War: Arctic Circle…which I understand is flawed, but still OK. So since I haven’t played any of those three yet…I’d feel dumb getting a fourth in the genre at such a relatively high price (even 50% off…)

Well, GTA IV is pretty good, and taxes even a decent rig and looks very nice. Cheap too, and the DLC is worth getting at the same time…

The big draw with V is the online play, and I’m not really into that within the GTA world :smile: so worth waiting some more.

Yeah…I have GTA IV in my Steam Library (another one of those titles I picked up on sale and have zero playing hours with…). I should probably play that before I go to GTA V. Having a kid around really crimped my gaming with regards to first person stuff… No shooting and gunning unless he’s asleep…lol… Although lately he’s been practicing with Lego games…so he’ll probably frag me mercilessly when we finally give him the nod of approval to play more older kid games in another 5 years or whatever…

BeachAV8R

Bunyap has done some vids on this one, had me tempted too…

2 Likes

Yep, understood - not ideal. Once through the initial cut-scenes missions it can be fun to just drive around and ignore the game. The GTA series needs turn signals though :smile:

That’s why I bought Euro Truck Simulator…then I thought…do I really want to sit in traffic at home too??

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll have a watch. I really enjoy @bunyap2w1’s videos.

Normally I use the Steam community broadcast feature, to check out how a game looks when it’s being played with a normal playthrough (just for a bit, to get a taste), but this title is a bit too niche to have many of those active.

CMANO broadcasts: Steam Community :: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY

A new releases broadcasts: Steam Community :: LEGO® Jurassic World

(I think these need steam to be signed in, not sure)

Really useful to get a neutral view of if a game will appeal or not.

1 Like

Stuck in DFW for a couple hours…might as well watch some of his videos. That guy churns out some good stuff… (hope this doesn’t cost me $39)…

BeachAV8R

I really want to get GTAV on the PC, I have it on the PS3… but that sale price is lame on Steam… the game plus some in game money… and basically its the regular price… no thanks… they need to talk to ED and learn how to do sales :wink:

Yep - what was particularly tone-deaf of Rockstar was that 1 day before they Steam sale started they raised the price, just for the sole purpose of looking like it had some sort of discount. Pretty lame indeed.

IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad 50% discounts

2 Likes

I picked up Prison Architect. Good fun so far.

I’ve had 2 riots, a shower that flooded the place and three guys who escaped with a tunnel. Oh, plus someone got stabbed in the Canteen.

Yeah, but how’s the game.

2 Likes

That was a good one… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyone own Panzer Corps?

Seems like there are a lot of DLCs for it, so worried just the base game wont be worth it till I buy a bunch of DLCs.

I don’t, but it still looks under active development - which is a good sign:

Yeah, I think I might get it with the grand campaign 1939-1945 DLCs and give it a whirl… I played the crap out of Panzer General back in the day.

MS Flight Simulator: Steam Edition is on sale on Steam for $4.99 during their summer sale. That’s a can’t lose price…

BeachAV8R

I saw some scenery for sale as well Manhattan intrigued me. Might fun to do some helo flying around the Big Apple.

1 Like