Game Deals & Book thread

And it is worth mentioning that ORBX has some nice free demo areas and a couple free airports you can check out too:

As usual - X-Plane.org has their big holiday sale going on for this weekend 20-60% off until Tuesday night. I got away pretty cheap…only two aircraft hit my “want” list…

2 Likes

Orbx makes some nice quality scenery. I have my eye on the Orbx Germany (North), although I may wait to get it when (South) comes out eventually.

BTW, I have an extra Watch Dogs 2 code that I’m trying to offload. If anybody is planning on getting it anyway, I wouldn’t mind an exchange (Squad or GTA V), which would be a good savings, since both are on sale at Steam.

1 Like

I’ve been eyeing their Northern California, especially since they make a detailed version of the airport where I got my PFL.

@EinsteinEP METAR raw report: KRDD 251253Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM FEW030 FEW060 SCT075 07/06 A3012 RMK AO2 SLP199 T00670056.

Euro Truck Sim 2 for $5 USD on Steam

2 Likes

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Controller on sale for $106.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KCHPRXA

Good review for it from Ralfidude here:

Rumor has it that Santa Claus might have picked it up for me off my Amazon wishlist, looking forward to it to replace my seriously worn X-52Pro.

3 Likes

Guys- just go to GOG.COM. NAW! GO!

Neverwinternights Diamond Edition for free plus more goodies and an incredible sale!
:smiley:

2 Likes

JustFlight has DASH 8 Q400 PRO EDITION for FSX/FSX-SE/P3D on sale for 30% off ($62.99) and If you already own the PILOT edition, you can upgrade to PRO edition for just $3 by going to your orders, getting the single use upgrade voucher, and entering that in when you go to check out on the PRO version.

PRO edition adds these features to the PILOT edition:
SHARED COCKPIT FEATURE
COMPLETELY CUSTOMISABLE FAILURE SYSTEM
HEAD-UP GUIDANCE SYSTEM
4x SMOOTHER CONTROLS
SOUND SYSTEM ADVANCED MODE
AUTOPILOT TCS MODE
FMS ETP/PNR FUNCTIONALITY
2D PANELS
WORKING CIRCUIT BREAKERS SIMULATION
ALTERNATE GEAR EXTENSION
SYSTEM CONTROL APPLICATION

3 Likes

Sweet - just in time - Carenado 50% off sale for X-Plane! I’m buying that PC-12 @chipwich…!

2 Likes

How is their B200 Chris?

Wow. You’re going to love it Chris, especially since you stole it. @PaulRix I’m a big fan of their B200. It would be good to hear @BeachAV8R’s review though.

Assassin’s Creed 3 is free on Uplay Ubi30.
Not the best but price is unbeatable. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s pretty good. Like most Carenado stuff…I say it gives you a real good feel of what it is like to drive a King Air 200 around even if it isn’t perfect to every degree. For a pilot like you that has actual B200 time - there are some minor annoyances. The autopilot and flight director panel has some wrong mode selector lights (and wrong color), the altitude chime sounds at 300 to go instead of 1000 and there are some other technical inaccuracies such as the AC VOLTS/FREQ gauge showing the wrong value in flight.

What I do like about it though is that it has a 2D pop up AP and FD panel and pop-up GPS…which is really nice when you want to practice approaches. The turboprop modeling is pretty good too…things like the torque increase with the RPM decrease. I also like that they modeled that you can overtorque the engines (don’t know if there are consequences)…so you can’t just shove the throttles to the stop. They did model torque drop with the ice vane extension (not much in the way of ITT rise though).

The EFIS display is pretty good…but the wrong FD annunciators are a bit distracting if you know they shouldn’t be there.

It’s a solid 3D model - great looking inside and out. Nice liveries. I need to check it out in VR… Super high gauge update rates and all appears to be working fine in XP11 (so far as I can tell…nothing glaring)…

Flight model is pretty good. I think the props aren’t quite draggy enough at idle and 2000 RPM…and the gauges will read zero torque at idle…which is…odd…but overall I think they got it mostly right…

At $17.48 - I think it’s a steal…

Payware gone freeware at the .ORG:

Thanks for the very detailed write-up Chris. I have to say that there are times when I really miss the King Air. At the sale price this one looks hard to pass up. It has been over 5 years now since I last flew a real one, so the small nuances that are not correctly modeled will probably not upset me too much (although the altitude alerter being set to 300ft before target seems weird).

So lets see, this Christmas season I will be picking up the DCS Spitfire IX, the DCS Viggen and it seem now I’ll have to get the B200. This hobby is getting expensive again. LOL.

It’s going to be a pretty lean Christmas around here for the kids :grin:

2 Likes

Thinking about getting some Carenado planes myself. My preliminary list:

• Cessna 152
  • V-tail Bonanza
  • Skymaster

Do they have small business Jets? I have to check…

Any recommendations which planes from them one shouldn’t miss?

there is sale also on their home page

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

1 Like

Phenom and Citations only for P3D? NOOOOO!
WHY?

I… I might be too, although does it have a manual? I still feel badly burned by the abandonware 727 of FJS.