Game FPS Drops Due to Stuttering

Greetings to all, I have been playing the game ‘Assetto Corsa’ in my Windows 10 PC, but recently I am experiencing a problem when playing the game. Sometimes the game stuttering with the FPS drops. I have no idea what could be the issue. Could anyone please help to fix it?

2 Likes

Help us help you. With this little information, it is very hard to help.

1. What have you tried already? What did you find when Googling your problem?
  2. Details, details, details…
    2.1. What hardware are you running? CPU, GPU, RAM (on which clock speeds), SSD, etc. Did you try lowering settings?
    2.2. What else is running on your pc? Have you tried closing running background services such as antivirus, RGB software, etc?
    2.3. Did something change when this started occurring? Does it also occur when running an older version of the game (if possible)?
4 Likes

Hi there @NapoleonLockman and welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:

I’m sure you will get plenty of help from others here and I see @Freak is already at it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry if I sounded harsh, I’m a bit stressed due to working on an outage all night. Reading this back now, I don’t like my tone.

I did not mean to be hurtful and genuinely hope it helps.

And eh, welcome to Mudspike!

5 Likes

That’s you being harsh, @freak…? You must be the nicest guy I know! :grin:

8 Likes

We need more of that kind of Internet. :+1:

2 Likes

My PC configurations are

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
OS - Windows 10
RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB*2 3200MHz
Storage - SSD WD 240GB
HDD - Barracuda 1TB
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 Super
Motherboard - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

2 Likes

Do you have Assetto Corsa on the SSD or the HDD? I don’t know much about this specific game, but many titles need an SSD to perform well nowadays

1 Like

@NapoleonLockman, if I understand correctly, the game ran well earlier and then one day started to stutter. Is that correct?
If so, something must have changed.
Did you install new drivers?
Was the game or Windows updated?
Did you install anything else?

Here’s a youtube video that deals with fps and stutters in AC.

2 Likes

Correct. A gentleman through and through

4 Likes

Just adding my $0.02

Looking at the system specs some of the components are getting on in years so maybe a hardware failure? Maybe a drive on the way out?

But if it only doing it with Assetto Corsa then I would do as others have suggested, roll back any changes you have made recently (especially video drivers) to see if that fixes the issue.

2 Likes