Games on C drive

What @Wes said. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not good. Got them all cleaned up. I borrowed a compressor yesterday

How I prevent dust buildup:

Opened it this week for the first time since 12 months. Almost no dust inside. The rest of the room has plenty of dust, for example on the table and on the floor in the corners.

The case is old school with no filters at all.

4 Likes

Interesting solution!

Mine is on a table about 3 feet off the floor. The Desert in Qatar… WHat can you say? I love no rain… I hate no trees and no change in the weather. However, its December. Im suposed to take my lady out to an outdoor dinner tonight. It may rain for the first time this year. Dangit!

4 Likes

So should I put all my Programs on the 2nd drive and just leave the first drive for only windows?

1 Like

Thats what I do.

I am 100 percent with you on the drive allocation. As a matter of fact I do it just like u. 250GB M.2 runs window and another 500Gb M.2 runs DCS. I then have a Regular 2.5 SSD for IL2 and other games. This will soon be replaced w a 1Tb M.2 that I will mount on my PCIE. I’m waiting on the adaptor.
Yes we still host the first motogp every year. Thus year is just weird. The pic of me on the R1 was taken there. I put a lot of miles on that track between 04 and 2012.
I had COVID. The hospital was a pain in the ass but they took care of me. I’m all good now. Thanks for asking.

4 Likes

Grrrrrr!!!
Windows now refuses to install. I got a new Win 10 boot USB cos I lost the last one. The effing thing will not install windows. I’m about to throw it off the balcony

How about you really torture the filthy b’stard: box it up and send it to holland. I shall torture it in ways that utterly defy description, and shall be remember by sixty six generations of its progeny. It’ll involve a flight simulator }-)

Is this the reason you missed Fight Club the other day? You would have loved the helicopter shenannigans. Perhaps later this week eh?

1 Like

I was not invited. Thats why I missed it. Would’ve love to fly w the fellas.

Still got 1903. Unbelievable!!! Never has Win 10 been this effed up

:sadpanda:

I’m sorry :sob:

Its all good.
Windows finally loaded and updated to 1909. Phew, that was a tough one.

1 Like

What version of windows should I run? 2004, 20H2? What version are you on?

Latest and greatest, 20H2.

:slightly_smiling_face: Thank You

well know I seen how much C: can take up and having bought a 240GB SSD for C: I would purchase a minimum 500GB Drive for C:…

My D: drive for games and progrqams is a TB… I think 240GB Is too small for the main drive well at least for me anyhow…

1 Like

@The_Nephilim ,
There is no doubt that we all have different needs. You may be putting a lot of your stuff on C because you have no choice. I have been able to get away with having a 250Gb SSD with C on it for over a year. It has never had less than 100Gb free. When I download things I purposely put them on my other drives i.e. Games. I do however run things like antiviruses, ccleaner, and various small programs (Office) from C. Perhaps when your reformat you want to keep that in mind. For now, I find my 250Gb drive completely adequate for Windows 10.
250Gb is no longer a big enough drive for DCS. My DCS server has no aircraft and just the program is too big. So that needs to be updated. I am going to say 500Gb is good for now. I have a new 1TB drive. I will run some games and storage from that. I prefer to have DCS on a separated drive. Its a luxury I can afford at least for now.

@Maico,

Well that is the thing I thought I would not need to much and I did not consider things like My Music and Documents folder, PlusI use one drive and that alone is 56GB…

I put all my programs on my 1TB SSD and games so I have very minimal on the Main C Drive which is only a 240GB Drive…

So All I am saying is for otheres reading this thread to consider there is just more then Windows alone going on the C: Main drive… I was not thinking all the other folders like, Music, Documents, Videos and One Drive…

Now yes you can Move these drives but for ease of installation especially the One Drive folder it would have been easier to keep it all on the main drive… And it turns out I probally would need a 1-1.5TB Driver for main drive and a 2TB Secondary drive…

Now YMMV according to how you setup your PC. but for myself I would have prefered more storage on Both drives…

On the other hand if having all of those on the Main drive inhibits its performance I would like to know if it would and I can keep the main drive to a minimum but I see no reason having thos folders on C: Drive would inhibit it…

I will continue to see what I need for my Second drive as I still have more games I want to install and only have 200gb left actually less because of my huge swap file I use…

I may end up using the 1TB for my main drive and get a second Samsung 2TB for the Secondary drive for games and programs plus swap file…

was just looking to see what benefits this would be and just bought the 240GB SSD on a whim but now I have jumped in I see what is really needed for myself…