Games we are playing

Yes, but with a high profile title like HW3 I figured at least one Mudspiker would have pulled the trigger and tried it within the first 60 - 90 minutes after release. :wink:

3 Likes

I wish more (all?) RTS’ had this feature, some of them can get totally overwhelming when you are trying to learn… I have rage quit and given up on more than a few because of it.

3 Likes

I like how Battlefleet Gothic did it with a massive slow down but not pause. I do get while some people prefer a true pause and order option though.

2 Likes

Company of Heroes 3 added this. I’ve played mostly MP skirmish coop so far, though.

1 Like

Let’s GOOOOOOOOO

Truth be told? We don’t need a new Marathon entry. The trilogy was great and ended as good as any story ever could.

2 Likes

I played Starfield extensively after finishing Baldur’s Gate 3 but burned out. Mission saturation and grinding (especially during planetary exploration).

I’m waiting for the next major patch and inclusion of ground vehicles before I jump back in.

I’m getting ready to jump back into Fallout 4.

2 Likes

Dragon Age Inquisition is free on Epic Game Store!

5 Likes

Is it worth playing @komemiute ive never played the others?

1 Like

I’d say so… I mean the game is an absolute banger- but it’s one of those YMMV.

Especially if you loved BG3, this might feel… less?

I mean- it is free… worst that can happen after you start it is you don’t like it and it collects virtual dust over its virtual shelf.

But the story is good!

4 Likes

Dragon Age: Origins was better IMO, but I did enjoy Dragon Age: Inquisition back then IIRC.

1 Like

Surprised how much I am enjoying Diablo IV. It makes me feel like kind of like playing Skyrim.

Now there is a free limited time trial…

And of course its free on Gamepass.

1 Like

I’m wondering whether the AI opponents will also get ground vehicles. Using them as higher level site defense maybe. Could they be captured, like ships?

I kinda think it would be cool if Shattered Space introduced mech combat in some limited locales.

3 Likes

I could have typed that. And as @komemiute says, it is a banger. About the only thing I would add is that they are both better than Dragon Age 2… which was OK, but just OK.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying playing marathon. Its super hard.

I’ve also started another playthough of Fallout new vegas. I loved it the first time, but i never went back to it. I have played through fo3 about half a dozen times, and oblivion easily 8 times. But NV which is of the same era, only once.
In all honesty, I was kind of enjoying it. It was fun enough. Until i walked into Nipton, the music changed, caesars legion were stringing people up and the atmosphere changed immensely. It was so atmospheric and almost terrifying. I’m hooked now.

New games suck, compared to the classics

2 Likes

Marathon feels like what Doom was initially envisaged to be; a creepy crawl through a-

It’s just Aliens. That’s what iD wanted in '93, that’s what Bungie delivered in '94. iD would get that with Doom 3, but of course Doom was the bananas go fast and kill demons game.

2 Likes

true,

me and my brother both had it in cart as soon as it was released on steam,

however budget said No,

I am working on renewing my property lease as a single leasee vs a shared lease, so the cost of that essentially doubled + the 5% increase due to inflation.

plus some other things going on, budget is very tight and strict at the moment.

The Aliens TC for Doom was awesome. All those sounds from the film were ported in and they even did a great empty first level where you see evidence of the attacks but there are zero enemies to fight.

2 Likes

I seriously need to try that TC. It looks awesome.

3 Likes