Getting attacked when landing

seems a good tactic? pounce on a wounded target easy kill usually.

1 Like

A successful tactic during the real war as wellā€¦

2 Likes

Yep, even Chuck Yeager utilized the tactic.

He finished the war with 11.5 official victories, including one of the first air-to-air victories over a jet fighter, a German Messerschmitt Me 262 that he shot down as it was on final approach for landing

Wheels

2 Likes

We used to call that vulching back in the day. As in ā€˜vultures circling the airfieldā€™.

IMO thatā€™s just cheap.

In a real life situation I can kinda understand it. It is war after all and that fighter might just kill you tomorrow. In a sim, especially in MP where the game is about having fun with other people? No.

1 Like

Right. It was a big no-no. Calling people filthy vulchers was about the most insulting thing you could do.

Hadnā€™t considered it being MP since it looked more like an AI attack to me.

Wheels

1 Like

AI are all filthy vulching honorless maggots!

3 Likes

Lol, too true.

Wheels

1 Like

Dropping the bombs before you landed the He-111 might have been prudent.

Canā€™t remember how often the AI strafed me in old IL-2 when I thought I was home safe. Would be taxiiing along all happy I made it home safely and then the screen would go black and the first thing I almost always thought was that the computer had a problem and not that my pilot got killed.

Wheels

yeah, should have dropped them for sure, was abit concerned i might blow myself up ! :joy:

Iā€™m a little late to the party but, although I agree with your statement, have you met the interwebz?

On a more serious note, if itā€™s a server that deducts resources/respawns per death, then Iā€™d argue it falls back into the ā€œvalid tacticā€ territory.

2 Likes

I have indeed. Which is one of the main reasons why I rarely play online.

1 Like