Ground Branch Lone Wolf Challange... join in

You do know that there’s a run key AND a sprint key right? :slight_smile:

I fired it up tonight before bed and knocked out a 7:40 run, taking it carefully and working back to front. I never mess with the lonewolf game mode, since trying to clear an entire map is ridiculous by yourself.
Until this thread I had no idea you could do it “plane only”, which makes it a lot more fun. Thanks for the challenge!

Kind of funny, if you notice the number of shots fired, and the number of magazines in my loadout… Yeah, the last two were with my handgun…. :flushed:

1 Like

Ya, a couple of the maps (the ones that have pluses next to them), have where you can pick a small area. The new oil platform is a good example. You can pick all 4 levels, or level 1,2 OR 3,4.

I’ve tried doing some other lone wolf challenges, but they aren’t easy. I almost always get taken out by some unknown I never saw. The airplane is the only one I’ve had success with. Got my time down to 6 mins now.

1 Like

That’s cool. The oil rig map is massive and complex, even for a full coop team.

My bad guys tended not to stay in the plane, meaning I had to seize the initiative through speed and violence of action at the start, before a handful of squirters could scatter off in all directions. Made for some hilarity, frantically hosing down a group as they came down the stairs.

Operation Superior Father LOL! I love all the cool random mission names they give these situations. :slight_smile:

4:10 …

I can pack way lighter than that. Way too much ammo. I’m just paranoid about running out of ammo LOL!

I believe it’s called Small Village is basically a 4 building MOUT site, it’s a pretty decent one for a solo terrorist hunt. I’ve had my best luck taking my time initially to pick off the ones outside first.

There’s nothing wrong with this challenge @jenrick. What’s your time? :slight_smile:

Hehe, it’s a good challenge. I keep either getting wounded (twice I’ve fallen down the stairs in the back!) or searching for the last guy forever…

It might be called “Plane Only” but the “squirters” just seem to wander off to oblivion … way up behind the air traffic control shacks or whatever. You have to hit harder and faster! :smiley:

I’m working “Small Village” now as per @jenrick . What an incredible MOUT map!!! The Ground Branch AI system is really shining through here! My jaw is literally dropping with this Tac Shooter. F*ckin’ beautiful. Ground Branch has my vote for game of the year 2022.

Any you guys want to do some multiplayer, the invitation is always open. My Steam ID is 167884608

I could use at least one left handed shooter. I’m right handed and I figure right handed shooters naturally button hook left breaching a room and left handed shooters hook right.

I do wish we could swap sides with the rifles like in Arma. That left transition comes in handy on corners and doors.

Dang! You can’t swap? I remember when the original Counter-Strike got released. The dev Minh Le was left handed so that’s what we got … left handed shooting! LOL

Another good Lone Wolf test is compound only… so it’s the exact building and grounds layout of a famous terrorist which shall not be named. But a great challenge for lone wolf players.

here my time after some training

on the outside with the big gun, inside my SIG and everything I found laying around :slight_smile:

I think I can go and check the other maps. played Creek few times already, so will go check some CGB maps you guys mentioned.

1 Like

With 20 badguys, I think I’ve only had one run where they all decided to hang around the plane. On this run I had to chase one guy down headed to the terminal right at the start, and got winged by the last guy in the cockpit, should have just chucked a grenade. I believe that was the suppressed AK-74 MI, running the accupoint (or whatever the LVPO is called), and the M9.

I recommend “Small Village” and run it using only iron sights (as an aside I want carry handle sights), going old school (no suppressors, and stock mags). Totally doable, but you have to work at it. Definitely reminds me of being a young man learning CQB the army way with an M16A2. I do wish you could short stock the long guns, even a fixed stock 20" M16A2 (or A4 in GB) isn’t as awkward to work inside as GB portrays them.

I am a bit disappointed that the training level seems to basically just affect accuracy and not actual tactical response (flanking, using cover, etc). Lastly for a bunch of guys with no NOD’s the bad guys do REALLY well fighting on a pitch-black night.

1 Like

I’m not going to run Small Village solo with iron sights LOL! I’m going to run a suppressed HK416D CQB with a dual scope ACOG 4x with a Micro whatever scope mounted on top.

If you want an assault rifle, just stick with the AK-74 MI CQB, the HK416D CQB or even the Mk18.

exactly

what I really like is when I miss the first round and the droid starts to run left to right and me shooting all mag without hitting :smile:

I think the map is called SMALL TOWN. will try the old school way. why not. most of the time I am running around with MP5SD with OKP7 reflex sight anyway. but on the bigger open maps I like more the dual sights.

other good map seems to me that CITY (STREETS). small. some between cars chasing, some cqb in building on a central square. kind of bank robbery vibe.

but on some maps one definitely feels that small team will be ideal.