Happy 4th Birthday Mudspike Forums

The forums are four years old today. Time flies. Happy Birthday Mudspike Forums! :birthday:

Thanks to you all for coming here and being part of it, and thanks to @BeachAV8R for paying for it. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

4 years already? Seems like I just got here yesterday.

Happy birthday!

7 Likes

Yeeehaw!
Proud to be a member. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here!
Congratz!

3 Likes

This version of the forums anyway. :wink:
Either way time does seem to speed on by anymore.

Congratulations on the continued growth. :sunglasses:

Wheels

2 Likes

Wowā€¦four years old. According to researchers we should be able to:

• Stand on one foot for more than 9 seconds
  • Do a somersault
  • Walk up and down stairs
  • Peddle a tricycle
  • Draw a person with a body

I think we can do 3 out of those 5ā€¦not badā€¦!

Thanks to @fearlessfrog for keeping the house of cards upright. We would still look like Geo-Cities without him! And thanks to our other volunteer staff @Fridge and @Troll and thanks to the members for helping to keep our workload low and keeping the circus in the ring.

11 Likes

Really? I guess I never hit 4 then. :slight_smile:

So gosh darn happy to have this site around instead of having to frequent the alternatives. And happy to contribute in any way that I can.

2 Likes

What kind of four year old can do a Somersault??? My daughter is four and she sure as hell canā€™t do that. Nor can any other four year old human I know.
I think @BeachAV8R is BSing us! :smile:

2 Likes

Here is a good cake to celebrate

Or if you prefer cookies, you can cut them with this cookie cutter.

And you can wear this whilst baking
UX522

And keep hydrated at the same time with a refreshing drink in this
1806483240_998f

Happy Birthday

12 Likes

Weā€™re essentially a F-111 tribute site, the forum is just a side business. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You call this site a ā€˜circusā€™ one more time and Iā€™ll ban your aā€¦ Oh! :astonished: Hi boss! Didnā€™t see you there.

It sure feels like longer than four years, but still like it was yesterdayā€¦?

You guys started this site just in time when I needed an online life lineā€¦ Onlifelineā€¦? :thinking:

Cheers, everybody! :beers:

6 Likes

You could always F111 this with a refreshing drink sounds betterā€¦

2 Likes

:beers:

:beers: :f111: :a6: :beers:
Congratz mudspike, my favorite bit of the net :slight_smile:

I often cite this place and how its policies work to counter the point that the internet is a cesspit of unfettered ā€œopinionsā€ flying off the handle at the slightest slights. May you stay as civil, friendly and wise as a community as you are.

4 Likes

This placeā€¦ Honestly.

I feel like I found a beautiful secluded cove with beautiful sunsets and clear blue skiesā€¦the only people that know about it are its guardians who want to keep it safe and beautiful. New people are welcome as long as they respect the boundaries and look after the beauty.

Iā€™ve met friends here who I cherish and Iā€™ve met super interesting, intelligent people who educate and help everyone rather than use that intelligence to sit on a perch and look down and belittle othersā€¦

Mudspike is the best kept secret on the Internet.

Also I now have a picture of an f-111 for any eventuality. Which hasnā€™t come in handy yet but Iā€™m SURE it will. Iā€™m sure

4 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement guys. It is an imprecise science, and we do our best. I appreciate the thoughtful participation and the respect for one another that is typical of the conversations here. You guys make the place what it is, not us.

2 Likes

@Bogusheadbox thatā€™s a funny looking Tomcat :grin:

@BeachAV8R you missed a couple of things off that list. We should also be able to:

• Draw on the walls in crayon when parents arenā€™t looking
  • Spill milk all over the table, floor and walls with either one or two hands

Seriously, it feels like I was only just posting on the third birthday thread. I would like to echo the previous comments in this thread.

Happy Birthday Mudspike! :tada:

4 Likes

Oh yeah that sounds VERY familiar. :smile:

2 Likes

HBD Mudspike! This place is what all forums/online communities should be like. Friendly, respectful, and positive. We have great people here! Thanks Chris, and all the admin team for making this place possible.

2 Likes

Happy belated birthday Mudspike!

Thanks Chris, you host a great site! Great content, and great people - makes it easier not to get so jealous when you show all your vacation pictures :slight_smile:

And cheers to Fearless Frog! This forum software that you implemented is so easy to navigate and use.

3 Likes