Happy 4th of July 2023, Americans!

As per the title, I wish y’all a happy 4th of July.
(Edit: Independence Day of course, see below.)

Don’t blow up yourself (or something else that wasn’t made for that purpose), please. Stay safe.

14 Likes

I’m going to be a Kevin here… because it’s a ridiculous pet peeve of mine, but don’t feel bad… most American’s say the same thing, the news, vets, etc etc…

The holiday is “Independence Day”!!!

Which happens to be on July 4th… we don’t say Merry December 25th now do we. lol

I’m messing and joking with you… but it’s true. :wink:

5 Likes

I never mind being corrected if it is by facts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

:blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
:white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart:
:blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
:white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart:
:white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
:white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart::white_heart:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

That flag is wrong on so many levels, but I think our American friends will still appreciate the thought. :smiley:

4 Likes

Had to share this one, my favorite I’ve seen so far…

8 Likes

Pet content is always good.

2 Likes

Put it down to artistic license! :wink:

3 Likes

One of my brothers’ home. I think that he gets them from car dealerships when they are replacing them.

4 Likes

Happy Independence Day! I still think it should be celebrated on the 3rd of September. The Treaty of Paris was signed on September 3rd 1783, officially ending the Revolutionary War. Declaring independence is relatively easy (although it required courage to do so). Achieving Independence was a hard fight. It took years to accomplish at a considerable cost to both sides.

6 Likes

Happy Independence Day yanks! Plus good idea in keeping Canada as the control in the experiment as well. :slight_smile: :us: :canada: :uk:

3 Likes

IMG-20230704-WA0004

8 Likes

Thank You very much for the kind words and wishes…Much appreciated from this ”Yank”

3 Likes

What about Americans that aren’t from the US? :nerd_face: Alright, I’ll show myself out.

Anyways, happy independence day!

4 Likes

And before anyone gets a bit hot hot under the collar, that’s just a tongue in cheek way for an Aussie to say congratulations on the anniversaary of telling the British Royal Family to ‘shove it’.

12 Likes

Lol, I posted something similar on the combat-pilot forums. All I could find were ones with Elizabeth on them so I posted a generic version.

What I posted on the off chance their forums go offline before this one.

Since humor/humour tends to be quite subjective and easily misinterpreted I need to point out that my nationality is American/USA.

Wheels

6 Likes

Well to all you Red Coats, have some satisfaction that we had to hire the French to get the job done at Yorktown :rofl:

5 Likes

On VATSIM today I had the Lindberg Tower controller say to me ‘To the British sounding guy, Happy 4th’. The best reply I could come up with ‘Thanks. Best of three?’ but not sure if he got it… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m assuming 1812?

4 Likes