Hard to resist this one

KRDU (Raleigh Durham) scenery for FSX. I’ve probably shot more approaches and landings and spent more time at RDU than any other airport other than my home airport. I wonder if they modeled the Sheetz a mile or so away where I’ve spent many a 2AM getting food…

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=3871

@Navynuke99 and @piper live in the vicinity…

3 Likes

I was just a little ways down Airport Blvd from there the other week for a training class, and a couple of days ago for a lab upfit… How much of RTP do they have modelled around there, and would any of it work with the weapons in Tac-Pack?

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

RTP as in TTA (they changed identifiers on it a ways back). I doubt if that RDU airport has any of TTA modeled. As for Tac Pack - I think those weapons will make craters and stuff…but I don’t know what it does to autogen scenery. My Tac Pack foo is pretty weak at the moment.

Hmmm… I wonder if there’s a way to import Revit models into FSX… Er rather, my friend wonders…

Particularly difficult to deal with clients that I’ve done design or construction projects for… there are a few companies who’s local headquarters I snake and nape in my dreams on a fairly frequent basis…

1 Like

LOL…hmmm…now, should I CCIP or CCRP that last client? Decisions decisions…

Might I recommend the RN-24…

2 Likes

I dunno, doesn’t look all that realistic to me.

No long lines for airport parking, no orange cones on every road that’s under construction,
no bumper to bumper traffic on I-40/540…

You still flying Citations Beach? Driving to work the other morning saw one taking off and made
a nice high bank turn West. Just wondering.

1 Like

And no Cary PD cars poaching speeders at three exits in a row.

Yeah…pretty much all departures off 23L/23R get that climb to 7K and 270* initial heading… Off 5R/5L it is a left turn to 350*

Wasn’t me this week… but good chance of it being our aircraft…

Heck…that terminal area speed limit is what always scares me. Like 15 or 20 mph… I’m in that crew car doing 50 through there…

1 Like