Hardware panic mode enabled - Reverb failed

Yeahā€¦Iā€™m currently using that USB-C connection on the RTX to send and receive data to my 4-bay external disk drive enclosure.

Wonā€™t using the USB port on his graphics accelerator have the same issues as any other USB port?

Itā€™s amazing how difficult they make these sets to use.

1 Like

Well, at this point, Iā€™d hesitate to plug this Reverb into anything. The RTX might not have the power surge protections that the mobo has perhapsā€¦so Iā€™m done experimenting with the Reverb until a replacement comes.

1 Like

Depends if it has access to more power than the other pool of USB ports plugged into the mainboard - but yeah was hoping it could be tried at least.

I completely agree that things like Super-Sampling and pixel density settings have become way too complicated. They are shooting themselves in the foot a bit with intimidating people with all the confusing terms.

Well even just the cabling. They need to figure this stuff out. You want to vr and do other stuff you either need to be prepared to swap all the time or know how to get a ton of powered ports effectively.

You choose the wrong mobo and boom, not enough connections.

The issue youā€™re having shouldnā€™t even exist.

Getting a mobo with enough USB ports on the back panel is quite the search, since most seem to think that 4, 6 or maybe even 8 is enough whereas Iā€™d like 10-12. That was one of the considerations that lead me to my Asus Maximus Formula XI. (The other being two M.2s where using both wonā€™t cut SATA, and also I wanted Asus).

2 Likes

I feel you there. Took me a good while to settle on something that met my needs without costing my first bornā€¦

Any news from HP on the replacement unit?

No. Which is really aggravating. They had told me they had ā€œescalatedā€ my issue and someone should be contacting me. I called back two days ago and they took more information and said someone should be contacting me and still no word. Not a good look for HP at all.

They know not who they mess with!

Based on @BeachAV8Rā€™s issues, I have scratched this device off my VR candidate list. At least his pain wonā€™t be for naught.

Regardless, that is one sale they have lost.

Indeed, they no not with whom they have messed! :grin:

Iā€™d actually say your lucky if you havenā€™t tried a Reverb. The reason being is that once youā€™ve seen the picture quality, it would be very difficult to order a different brand of VR headset with a lower resolution. Iā€™m still hopeful that HP will get together a 2nd generation that will address some of the problems.

3 Likes

Any chance youā€™ll decide to go Index if the Reverb doesnā€™t pan out?

No - Iā€™m pretty happy sitting with my O+ or a replacement HP Reverb until something with the Reverb type resolution comes along.

1 Like

Did you notice much of a clarity improvement with win 10 1903 and KB hotfixes- especially with O+.

1 Like

Welcome @Whitav8!

[edited: didnā€™t like my tone :crazy_face: Too explain Paulā€™s reply below, I was complaining about moders and tweakers]

Sorry for what you are going through, @BeachAV8R. I had a similar issue a while back that I traced to a USB hub.

1 Like