Hardware Upgrade Forum Downtime - 5th Oct 2016

Our worse-case scenario has happened. I warned @BeachAV8R about this up-front but no, he just wouldn’t listen. No-one would listen. The forum is being actively used.

To celebrate this tragedy I have been authorized to raid (heh) the Mudspike cookie jar and upgrade our sweating hardware. It will be a bare Christmas under the @BeachAV8R tree this year, but on a happier note we’ll all get a more robust and faster forum. I think you can all agree, that is the most important thing here.

I’ll need to reticulate splines and bring the forum down about 8pm PST today for about 20 minutes. Go and talk to your families, but only for this short down-time. It’ll provide a valuable contrast to why this place is better than with them. :slight_smile:

See you on the other side…

6 Likes

My gosh Kai…you’ve grown so tall…! And you can spell…and do math. Incredible…!! Oh…about that college fund…

4 Likes

LMAO, Hi Mom, I got married… In 2012… why?

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ok, shutdown in T-minus 15 mins or so.

T’is Done.

On the sprawling tree of server/mammal evolutionary metaphors we have now moved from ‘gerbil’ sized to approximately ‘hamster’ in terms of hardware. Please now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station / hamster!!

Thanks to @BeachAV8R as per usual for the ongoing cash, plus the people that donated to Mudspike to keep us advert free and such a nice place to gather. :beers:

4 Likes

See…you go to a Korn concert, drink two bottles of wine, come home…and the server is on new wheels. Amazing. Thanks (as always) to our guy behind the curtain @fearlessfrog - without whom, we’d be operating a Geo Cities page…

1 Like

Thanks, guys!
Everything running smoothly so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love you all guys. This is so amazing. Thank you all… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely noticed that the little loading ring circle isn’t coming up for me. We’ll see if it stays that way after people get into a dicebot game…LOL…

Pretty snappy so far guys. Well done @fearlessfrog and co.

1 Like

New wheels! Who did you get to replace me. :fearful:

Wheels

Oh dicebot fatigue tester…you are irreplaceable! :open_hands: :game_die: :game_die:

1 Like