Hasard Lee Dogfight vs AI in DCS - a breakdown

Check out Hasard Lee’s virtual dogfight and assessment in DCS :popcorn:

5 Likes

My thoughts watching this

• cool when real drivers jump in to validate the accuracy of the game
  • compared to a gamer he wasn’t as comfortable with the fixed/flat view + looking sideways thing but he adjusted quickly.
  • the lack of physical feedback - and pain- is a B.I.G. thing; he should’ve called me; I would’ve set him up with some useful haptic feedback :wink:

Similar to the VR boxing game vs real boxing I’d guess.

• Ive been a gamer in this genre so long I forget how much of a “science project” (his comment) getting it all set to go is
  • we have it pretty good in the end compared to 30 years ago
4 Likes

He mentions that Mavs are legacy for the Viper. Any ideas what those have been replaced with? Is the JAGM integrated with the Viper at this point?

1 Like

I’d say 500 pounder GBU’s, either satellite or laser guided. SDBII is another good candidate for the role.

1 Like

GPS only guidance can’t deal with moving targets and they have less range unless dropped supersonic from way upstairs. Tri-mode seeker SDBs are indeed a possibility, but I think that the Viper only has the GPS guided ones.

1 Like

Mav might be legacy only for the USAF if that is from Hazard - USAF have been using GBU-54 (LJDAM) for years in combat for one.

Other Falcon users have their own fancy AG munitions - GBU-49 LJDAM was on some EPAF MLUs.

2 Likes