Health and Fitness Thread (2021)

Congrats Chris. I would have never made the run after the other two.

1 Like

You start to look remarkably like Mr. Connery in that movie!

3 Likes

Managed to do a 15k run yesterday (at a very tortoise-ish pace, it was humid, 20K north of my optimal operating temperature and running almost barefoot I’m still quite careful not to hurt myself). I think it’s the furthest I’ve ever run, barefoot or not. I’ll probably start mixing this in with my usual routine. Today is not as bad as when i started out barefoot running but i can definitely feel it.

6 Likes

Wait a second…running? With nobody actually chasing you?
But seriously, awesome!

2 Likes

Hard to explain that it can be enjoyable.

2 Likes

That sense of accomplishment, through perseverance.

2 Likes

I look up to you @sobek - no sarcasm.

2 Likes

Hardly (i’m not very tall) :wink:

2 Likes

It’s because I kneel.

2 Likes

C’mon man, don’t make yourself smaller than you are.

2 Likes

^ _ ^
It’s ok… On the other hand talking about this made me think and I pulled out my weights and I started lifting again.
I’ve actually been doing this for a week, since your first message of the 15k run. :slight_smile:
So, thanks man - you managed to have me doing something good for myself.

4 Likes

Dammit, everyone is getting buffed/healthy I guess I have to do sports this weekend as well…

2 Likes

I ride my bike 60km-75km 5 days a week. Overall it is pretty great.

2 Likes

Wowowowowo, chill - I said I’m lifting weights, who said anything about getting healthy/buffed?

:joy::rofl:

5 Likes

I need to join this bandwagon too…I drink too much, sleep too little and don’t look after myself. Hard to find the time and motivation after all the duties…but if you don’t look after yourself you can’t look after others in the long run so I have to sort out my stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“Those who have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find the time for illness.” - Edward Stanley

“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Wheels

3 Likes

Words of wisdom!

So after a month of weightlifting and more attention to my diet I’m down to 95kg!

4 Likes

Congratulations! How do you feel?
Hungry, exhausted, energized?

It’s a combination of things.
I feel much more prone to do physical exercise, while the first two weeks I literally had to kick me to do anything.

I eat a number of small amount of food throughout the day rather then 3 meals…

I’m not in the phase where the weight goes down a lot but I have hardened a lot where earlier there was pudgy tissue, so to speak.
So externally I look almost the same… I’m just overall stronger.

Now I have to go to Italy for two weeks because of work and I am afraid it will be hard to keep up but at least I know I can do half a hundred push-ups and plank for long enough to mitigate the symptoms.

Edit: I started exercising muscles that I never did before like traps and trapezius…
There I’m much more defined!

2 Likes