Hear me now and believe my Internet speed later

@chipwich’s DCS updates will now take less time than it takes for me to type this sentence. (Well, I guess the sending side has something to say about that too though…)

Ha, I anticipated skepticism (I was one before my brother’s install). Hence the details link above. In other news, rumor is that ComCast is countering with a 3 Gb offering. But they’ve always had a data cap, run a pretty good bait and switch scheme, and like 24-36 month contracts. Caveat emptor with those guys, although their streaming service is pretty good.

Competition is obviously positively affecting the consumer market. I’ve never been partial to a brand, but AT&T gets a pat on the back for offering fast uncapped Internet at a reasonable price without trying to load you with a spurious bundle and long contract duration.

Are they pandering to cable cutters? I hope so.

Edit: None of this would have happened without the 30,000 lb Google gorilla stepping into the room.

3 Likes

Hehehe, no worries. all in good humor.

1 Like

Google should fake them out. Work out how much AT&T can afford and then say ‘We’re going to X cities now!!’. Would need to rent some vans and paint logos on them though :wink:

do they offer also 95Mbs for $8 ??? :sunglasses:

1 Like