Heatblur: AJS-37 Viggen

Some people have noticed the 28/11 date at the end if the video - a Monday when ED usually patches on Fridays. I want to go on record, for the Mudspike pool, that will be the day pre-orders open up.

Dare I go further and pick the Friday after that as the first chance we get to fly it in open beta mode?

We might not get the update until the 28th anyway, because Thanksgiving weekend.

I love the way Leatherneck teases things…definitely makes things fun.

Strange. I seem to be the only one who isn’t excited about that video.
The plane is barely visible, we see an afterburner and two seconds of a dark cockpit with a radar screen with nothing on it.
Perhaps I missed something? I was watching without sound because there are no speakers on this PC.

1 Like

No you didn’t miss anything except some funky music. This video is not informative, just a tease.

You are not the only one Aginor. The whole thing went completely over my head. I just didn’t get it :slight_smile:

It’s in-line with Leatherneck’s (debatably) clever marketing style. You’ll recall the image of the Zero (?) I think it was…and they sometimes change their user icons to gives clues and generate hype. It’s all fun and games…and I don’t need a detailed promo to know that whatever they release is going to be awesome.

2 Likes

Ah, ok. Fine then. :slight_smile:

I got to go with Aginor on this one. Not impressed with the video at all. Im a Big fan of their work and as another poster said, “I will buy a donkey cart if Leatherneck makes it” However, their advertising is cookie… Leave it to the Swedish lol. I know I lived there for years.

it’s promotional material,

not a trailer…

99% of the time, a pre-release Promo Clip from a Movie is content that’s not even in the movie… lol…

1 Like

I have to admit it has some artistic value, not trying to be mean to the artist here!
But to be honest I am more of a facts guy, art eludes me.

If I can choose between a pretty picture of a plane and the manual of the plane I choose the latter one. Emotional stuff not required.

So what I really want them to do is to finally release some info. I will most likely buy that plane anyway, but it would be nice to have something a bit sooner.

I believe its the Swedish style of “Less is More” Some might get this. I look forward to the “Cheesy” movie lol.

There is no bad publicity. :wink:

2 Likes
6 Likes

Rb04 sea skimming missiles. Some virtual sailors are having a bad day at sea…

1 Like

I may pull out the wallet for this

2 Likes

They have certainly stepped up their game release promo wise…

2 Likes

They sure have!
A release like the Viggen needs hyping. It’s a pretty small target audience to begin with.

Do it. You know you want to. It possesses a similar mission profile to the 'Vark after all: Low and fast.

I’m honestly flabbergasted that a Viggen IS happening. At all.

Leatherneck is doing almost everything that I loved as a kid and have wanted in a flight sim: Fishbed, Viggen, Tomcat, AND Corsair.

They clearly have been reading my mind. I will now start thinking about the Crusader, Intruder, and Draken.

2 Likes

I would say that they did a BIG bite with all these. I hope they are chewing properly and swallowing carefully :wink:
But looking forward to it definitely :slight_smile: