Heatblur Dev update

Congratulations @komemiute! It’s going to be legendary! How much money should we keep set aside to bail you out after the release party? :beers:

3 Likes

HAHAHAHHAHHAHA

One good message I received strong is the absolute respect the teams have for restricted material.
So - I can tell this much, no bail necessary.

7 Likes

Always good to see a team that recognizes what resources can be at their disposal and take advantage of them properly!

1 Like

6 Likes

Noice!! :grinning:

1 Like

Why were the asked to delay…? Mossie EA release?

1 Like

Wow, nice. Since we have Mudspiker on the inside, I have a secret job for you @komemiute . You need to sneak that easter egg from DID’s Eurofighter 2000 somehow. :wink:

I’m not gonna lie, it would be nice and funny homage … at least for those who played that classic.

3 Likes

If you can’t see it …

top-gun-inverted

inverted

4 Likes

Hehehe

Is anyone else having short.sudden blackouts while being launched off the Cat.in the F-14B?..Very Cool if it’s a new feature…not so much if my VR headset is flaking out :smiley:

1 Like

It’s always been there. Happens if your head position is too far forward iirc

3 Likes

REALLY??! I thought it was a feature, not a bug all this time. I reasoned that maybe it was simulating a hot cat shot and a pilot that hadn’t had any breakfast. Now I know it’s a bug!

Any idea why it happens? How is it related to head position?

ETA: NOT a bug, see correction below.

2 Likes

(I’m asking at the source, gimme a minute)

"It happens if you keep your head forward or looking too far to the side. When sitting upright it doesn’t happen. A slight effect or gradient effect can be observed if your head is slightly out of position.

It’s essentially a feature.

It’s more complicated than that but I think we can agree with that?

2 Likes

Interesting! So it IS a feature, but not documented or I didn’t pick up on it. I hold my head straight up and back against my headrest during the cat shot, but it could be that sometimes my recenter point is too far forward.

Thanks for sharing, that’s another amazing detail by Heatblur!

In a manner of speech, for all intents and purposes.

2 Likes

This may have been mentioned elsewhere but I couldn’t find it. Jester has some very useful new Lantirn features. We can now call up whichever Q mode we want. We can also mark on the map or feed him a lat/long to point the pod. Alternatively we can look directly at a point on the ground to point the pod or slew the pod with head movement. This last feature works well enough but is slightly fatiguing.

Also: Cage the Bear! Maybe the best fixed-wing campaign I have played in DCS.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard good things about Cage the Bear. Need to fly that one after Fear the Bones by Reflected, which I am enjoying immensely. I’m finding the fighter pilot banter is pretty entertaining in what can sometimes feel like all work and no play. @damson did a great video for a Bear intercept mission.

Some sh!66y screens taken in VR from a couple of missions. The spawn in on mission 1 sets a nice atmosphere with you sitting in a C&D pit while a Tomcat goes to A/B and launches from a forward cat.

RTB with some Bones boys after a successful BARCAP mission.

11 Likes

That’ll be next I s’pose! Reflected is terrific.

I think this is interesting.

So order is F-4 → EuroF → A-6 → Who knows but we like stuff that lands on Carriers…

11 Likes

Thats not a bad list to be waiting for. Great stuff

4 Likes