Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

Change the missiles and swarm launch from 80 kilometres … viggen laughs at carrier

The above is…
http://www.angelfire.com/magic/wolves/alob.jpg[quote=“SkateZilla, post:339, topic:1726, full:true”]
who’s not in it for the F-111?.. Just Sayin’./…
[/quote]

Yes yes yes yes

2 Likes

At 80 klicks, I’m not sure which kills the Viggen first in this scenario. The Swarm of Phoenixes or the Swarm of SM-2s.

I do believe the viggen can extend that range to 120 klm… so there!
Or am i making that up?

Maximum observed range of the Phoenix is still ~ 200 klicks, just means we have to knock them down somewhat slower. (Assuming the Tomcats are directly over the boat, which they wouldn’t be).

The viggen is so sexy your phoenix missiles will purposely miss as to not scratch the viggen paint.

But imagine if it were an f111, your phoenix missile would detonate on the rail at such a thought of even launching at an f111

Anyway, its all moot as the f14’s would all be flying through each others jet wake and falling out the sky, so there would be no threat

1 Like

But if they’re so sexy, wouldn’t they be attracted with a 1.0 Pk from sheer attractiveness

Ah, you silly billy, you must have skipped your Intro to AIM-54 Anthropology classes. There is deep seated antipathy in the Phoenix community towards the F-111 for the B being such shite. There is only desire to kill there.

You’ve got me there. RIP Goose.

“Håll gränsen!” :kiss:

3 Likes

I guess that we will find out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! Yeeees…! Focus on the Viggens…

2 Likes

Troll uses: AIP Submarine
near_blind uses: Inherent strategic inflexibility of AIP submarines due to reliance on LOX, requiring frequent returns to port, making them vulnerable to air/missile attack.

1 Like

The missile/air attack was not very effective :slight_smile: although much of the facility has closed down since the end of the cold war.

3 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of DEP and BROACH warheads that disagree :kissing: :notes:

Also where is that? That looks like the ultimate pirate base, yaaar.

3 Likes

On the island of Muskö, south of Stockholm. The Base is creatively named the Muskö naval base. Perfect pirate base to raid the Baltic sea from :wheels_smiley:

3 Likes

Only needed one attack at the carrier though… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Uh, oh - carrier can be killed thread. Moderation team - GO! :slight_smile:

(I just wanted an excuse to post that video tbh)

2 Likes

Huh, so when comes the part when they just kinda slump off the Tomcat’s belly and plummet into the ocean without firing?

2 Likes

Just before you land, find the offending crewman who didn’t remove the pins, and throw him (or her) into the ship’s wake.

AO’s are supposed to hold them up and visually show them to the pilots before launch so they can confirm themselves their weapons are live.

Once again, blame the guys with the bachelor’s degrees.

never!