Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

Victork2 aka rampstrike…

1 Like

That implies that you actually hit the ramp. It’s also not offensive enough. Further, you can’t give it to yourself!

1 Like

Few parts of stennis remain standing this evening. God. Help. It. When I get a tomcat weighing twice as much as a scooter to really do some damage.

You do not want to know just how many handles are churning around inside my head, virtually all of them offensive. :laughing:

1 Like

My one and only question: Can the Phoenix find me in my helicopter when I land for a few minutes on a hillside to go grab another beer?

question1

4 Likes

*Replace “terminator” with “Phoenix” and you have your answer

1 Like

I’ll be in my HAS…

Oh wait…

surrender

1 Like

No, you don’t have to worry about that; @near_blind doesn’t carry bombs.

1 Like

More F-14 updates, less trolling.

4 Likes

New cover photo at Redirecting...

Very nice. Art! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nah, I just like to know how to do all parts of my jet’s job

Unfortunately DCS doesn’t simulate the rotor Doppler returns. I’ll have to find you the old fashioned way :confused:

1 Like

marco

8 Likes

Ooh, you horndog, you! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Eh, with the gun, helicopters not going anywhere fast. If it’s anything like the Bug’s gun, the Kitty should be able to make short work of helis with it.

Side note: I live within an hour of the F-14 with this cutaway of the M61:

2 Likes

I beg to differ…

3 Likes

The work of Hollywood Propagandists!

1 Like

appreciate the effort!

Top Gun rules of engagement exists for your safety and for that of your team. They are not flexible, nor am I. Either obey them, or you’re history. Is that clear?

2 Likes

The AIM-54 was never meant to kill fighters. Its sole purpose in life was to shoot down the regiments of Soviet ASCM-carrying bombers at long distance - before they got in range of the carrier. “Shoot the archer, not the arrow.”

It will be interesting to see how various MP servers handle Heatblur’s Tomcat…will they provide the aforementioned hordes of Soviet bombers? Or will they treat it more like “Topgun” (the movie)?

BTW, the reason the F-14s were protecting the carrier was so the “attack-puke” A-6Es had a place to land when they came back from raiding Soviet naval bases…which, IMHO, was very generous of us in the Tomcat squadrons. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have read an awful lot of documents generated by NSAWC that directly contradict that sentiment.

I’d be curious to know the dates of those documents, given that early on that’s what the AIM-54 was built to do. I wouldn’t be surprised if later someone said “Hey, you know that missile we built for shooting down bombers? Looks like it also matches what we need to do to kill fighters!”