Hello Friends

Well since it seems to be the moment… Last year, more or less same time, I started my divorce as well.

Two kids.

Stuff is tough.

I’m not smart enough to add anything to the situation though.

15 Likes

Hey Chris!

Others have already said everything I’d say, and most likely better than I could.

So I’ll just chime in and say that I am glad to have you back. And of course I am as sad about your situation as the other guys. We all love you and wish you success.

So yeah, you have some friends here, and some AARs to read if you want (I don’t know if you know it, but our last Christmas flight had some of us visit each other and then fly to visit you virtually. We care about you.)

14 Likes

Great to see you back, Chris!

Happy Homer Simpson GIF

(sorry for not saying more but I delete two sentences for each sentence I write :grimacing:)

12 Likes

It’s great to hear from you again, but not great for the circumstances, but the community you laid the foundations for has become a haven of good people, who care for each other and are a shoulder for when things get bad …

In situations where every day is dark, suddenly there will be a good day, then over time the good days will equal the bad, then hopefully over take them, to the point where it’s only the odd bad day.

You have all the best wishes and thoughts from a whole community .

Stay safe Chris

11 Likes

Sorry to hear that Chris - was hoping your absence meant you had managed to find the strength to leave this online fantasy world some of us prefer to live in.

I have no answers but I hope you can take some comfort from the above replies and move on from it.

9 Likes

Great to hear from you Beach. Hope to hear more from you once your new life normalizes, and it will, it’s just such a bloody hard journey to get there.

I hope you don’t mind me quoting you smokinhole, but this comment brought a tear to my eye, which I was able to quickly cover with a laugh

Take care Chris

13 Likes

Hey Beach,

Good to hear your (virtual) voice again. So sorry for your loss.

Beyond what everyone here has said, don’t be hard on yourself for not having an external support network (other than here which is huge!). Piloting, as I’m sure you know, can be a solitary profession. And not always to the betterment of the pilot.

Take care of yourself and your sons first. Everyone will be here when you are ready.

Keep the blue side up, brother.

17 Likes

Hey Beach,

I know that you are going through a lot, and I hope that the number (and content) of the responses here can help show you how important you are - not to the site, not to the hobby, but to yourself and from all of us.

I know that there is a lot of pressure you are feeling. You’ve lost a lot, you have your kids to consider and care for, and you have your career that puts it’s own pressures on your life. No one wants to add to that weight - and, honestly, for all of us here, one of the reasons that this community is what it is, is because we are all friends, sharing a common hobby and interests, with no pressure or sense of obligation to or from any of us.

I know that it is hard. And on top of that, there is likely a feeling that you don’t deserve any of this. That’s wrong: you do. We all have mountains to climb, trees and obstacles at the end of the runway that we have to struggle to get the speed and lift to clear. We are all fighting battles that none of us can truly know - even though we can try to communicate, share and help each other.

You may feel alone, but you are not. It may feel awkward, complicated and confusing because we are mysterious cloud based Open GPT chat bots on the internet, but the Mudspike community is respectful, patient, and tolerant … and this is a safe space.

15 Likes

Hi Chris,

I am a bit torn in posting this because you don’t know me. I wandered in here nearly a year ago and never left. I have never felt more at home online and that is because of the community… nay, family that I found here.

I am truely saddened to hear about what you are going through but I am so glad you came back. You don’t know me but I am really looking forward to getting to know you because groups like this don’t happen by accident. To form, they need a centre of gravity to coalesce around & that is a bloke I would love to share a beer with :wink:

18 Likes

You are a shining example @Harry_Bumcrack of the wonderful nature of this community that Chris laid the strong foundations of. A genuinely great and incredibly interesting person that adds to the group and brings along a wealth of experience and a brilliant attitude to every discussion.
When people like you wander in, plonk themselves on the sofa and get stuck right in it warms my soul.

Chris (and the staff) made that spot for you. You might not know him yet, and him you, but he should be proud he opened the door for you.

And its your round at the bar…

17 Likes

Seconded. @Harry_Bumcrack’s okay for an Aussie, I think we oughta keep him. :grin: :+1:

7 Likes

Once he’s bought a pint :rofl:

8 Likes

Can we send him to the Mudspike penal colony, just so he feels at home? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m sure I saw he posted he was a Kiwi, or have I been up too late again?

8 Likes

The ED forum? No one deserves that its 2023! Cmon @keets! :laughing:

10 Likes

I’ve always wondered what would happen if my wife looked at my browsing history and saw that. :rofl:
You’d think they could come up with a better name for them.

5 Likes

Technically yes. Born there but moved to AUS when I was 10 (nearly 11). I was ‘naturalised’ in about 1983 but hold dual citizenship.

6 Likes

Can’t think of what else to say that hasn’t already been said better, great to hear from you but sorry about what’s going on.

Had two good friends of mine go through it about two/three years ago, was really rough but both are now coming out the other side and seeing some light. Just take your time, try and be easy on yourself.

6 Likes

Chris,

I’m one of these terrible people that changes names every now and again, and we probably didn’t interact enough for me to really make an impression, but like all the others I am so sorry to hear about what you’re going through.

You have created an amazing and supportive community here, and we’ve all missed you. When you’re ready, when you need us, we’re here for you.

Take care, and all my best

Torquatus (a name from the old place so so long ago)

4 Likes

I’ll keep it simple and just say I’m glad you’re back!

5 Likes

@BeachAV8R,

Glad to hear from you. Hope to see you around more, when you’re ready.

4 Likes