Hello from me.

I just recently found an interesting read here in the forums and thought, hey why not join…
So i did.

From what I saw, everyone here seems very friendly, no standard web nonsense trolls etc.
So I thought it might be nice to have a little introductory post :slight_smile:

Well what can I tell you?

I am roughly 40 (:roll_eyes:), so I grew up with DOS computers and back in the days I spent precious hours of my youth in front of the PC flight simming during that golden era in the mid nineties. Memories…:heart_eyes:

Back in the days nobody ever thought where all this will evolve to, but look at us now with our VR goggles in DCS practicing realistic traps on a pitching carrier deck…

So today, If i find the time i will fly occasionally around in DCS or get a retro flash and play around with dosbox and old stuff. Or I fire up my sim racing rig and turn a few laps…

So that’s all for now.
Nice to be here.

Chris

13 Likes

G’day and welcome !

1 Like

Ah, those DOS days. Adjusting autoexec.bat and config.sys to save on any byte to be able to load Falcon 3.0 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you!

There are a few of us here that have similar ages and experiences :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Totally!!
I remember having batch files that exchanged autoexec.bat and config.sys for different games and restarted the PC…

It was worth the fiddling really

Definately worth it, if only for how it taught young schurem what tweaking a machine meant and what the possible rewards were :wink:

Welcome mang, we’re all old youngsters here (41 myself)

1 Like

Hey there, Welcome!
I’m the obligatory Italian user of the forum! :smiley:

Beside that everyone else here is a normal human being.
Take care and never be afraid to ask questions, except about favourite planes.
NEVER ask about favourite planes. Especially not to @Bogusheadbox. Especially not F-111s.

3 Likes

Welcome in :grinning:

Ciao Welcome!

I’m a newbie on the forum too!
so now we are 2!

1 Like

Actually we do have one Troll ( @Troll )…but he’s a friendly, sensible sort who makes all kinds of cool things. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey Chris! Welcome to Mudspike! This is easily the most friendly and relaxed community on the Internet :stuck_out_tongue: and very helpful. Chers!

3 Likes