Hornet Mini-Updates

I hope he feels better to but it was Wags who was not feeling well :-).

Yeah, my new processor/MB/memory showed up today, I feel fine :smiley:

3 Likes

Wags feeling better then?

Getting there.

1 Like

Congrats on the hardware upgrade!
When I migrated the rest on my rebuild, Windows deactivated and failed to automatically re-activate. The tech support guys can manually do it in a couple minutes (took a while to get to them though). A Windows 10 activation “use” is apparently tied to your motherboard, they told me.

Funny you should mention that, I’m having that right now. Where did you contact them through?

It’s a bit of a mess - the activation Wizard I believe has a link to an online chat agent, which is an AI type thing. After you give it the issues, it says it cannot help you but will have a support agent call you. The call comes within a minute or two, that guy had to escalate it to another department and that’s guy got it fixed.

Try this number: 1-425-635-2970
It’s Microsoft and registered to Bellevue Washington. That’s the # in my iPhone call log.

They will open a remote assist to your computer, and fire off a few commands in the command prompt. I wish I had OBS recording what the commands were, haha.

I got it, must have got lucky and got a decent guy. Took about 10 mins on the phone.

3 Likes

Oooops–hadn’t had my coffee yet ad thought this thread was “Mini-Cooper Updates” :sleeping:

This week we plan an OPEN BETA update that will add some features and address some bugs. This video highlights these changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8uldUWd5mg

4 Likes

Looking forward to it!

It looks like the changes were the adding of the seconds precision on the Mission Editor / F10 map lat/long string formatter (so we don’t have to convert from MGRS anymore) and a fix for the QTY button crash.

Qty gets it’s explanation - it’s a “selective jettison” equivalent for JDAM Ripple.

Has the release schedule for the other branch been changed? Seems like it gets one for every 3-4 OB updates now.

they said a while back that the hornet was only going to be updated once a month.

I think he’s referring to stable which hasn’t been updated in a while, though with good reason.

“Version Control”, as we call it in the PowerPoint world, is always “fun”. :dizzy_face: Respectfully suggest a quick mention of both OB and Stable version be included in these updates.

I may not be alone in running both the OB and Stable versions, and updating each as required. As such I find these updates very helpful in getting the most of of DCS World. I really appreciate the background information regarding ED’s development priorities. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey everyone,

A little update on the Hornet… as mentioned before, much of the Hornet team’s time is focused on the targeting pod, JSOW, MSI for LTWS, tuning of JDAM and JSOW flight profile and autopilots, and a deep dive on the INS and GPS navigation systems. We are also working on the HARM guidance system in cases where the seeker loses track (it is currently re-targeting to a different emitter, whereas it should continue along the bearing to the assigned target). All these tasks are rather involved and not low-hanging fruit that can be coded quickly. Earlier, we focused on tasks with faster turnarounds, but these current tasks are taking longer. Development of the Hornet has certainly NOT slowed down, rather, it’s simply shifted to tasks with longer development periods.

We expect to have the JSOW, BRU-55A/A, and MSI for LTWS available later this month, and the targeting pod will start internal testing later this month, with a planned release in June.

• Wags
7 Likes

Ahhh it’s going to be a tough call to go outside or not this summer. The sun in DCS doesn’t cause sun burn, so I guess maybe I’ll stay inside…

1 Like

So exciting! I simply cannot wait for a proper targeting pod.

1 Like