WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends June 8
House of the Dying Sun is a tactical space shooter that puts you in the cockpit of the Empire’s most deadly interceptor and in command of the Harbinger Fleet. Hunt down the enemies of your dying empire and upgrade your warships with new weapons and abilities earned during your campaign of terror.
- Classic Space Sim Combat: Fly from the cockpit of the Executor Mk II with gameplay heavily influenced by the titans of yesteryear
- Take Command: Give orders to any vessel in your fleet from a tactical overview, switch to another fighter, or pause time and carefully consider your next move
- Replayable Scenarios: Choose one of four increasingly-brutal difficulties in each of the 14 campaign scenarios.
- Powerful Upgrades: Complete bonus objectives to earn special fleet upgrades such as the Gap Drive or the Kamikaze Chassis. You’ll need these to tackle the most difficult scenarios.
- VR & Monitor Support: House of the Dying Sun was carefully designed for both traditional monitors and VR headsets such as the HTC Vive. It also supports 21:9 displays!
Didn’t The Animals do a cover of this in 1964?
I always heard good things but never bought it, couldn’t remember why, but probably was due to this.
HOTAS controllers are not officially supported and are at your own risk!
tbf I played x-wing and tie fighter games on a controller that was basically a SNES gamepad. maybe it’s time I buy it.
I had not purchased it previously, even though all reviews were good, but at only $6…
I love HotDS, just know going in, that it’s a very linear mission based experience. It’s designed for you to play over and over, and experimenting with different ways of accomplishing the various mission objectives. It’s short and sweet, but infinitely replayable, just as long as you enjoy the arcade nature of the game design.
Though if you ever wondered about how it might be to fly one of the fighters in Homeworld…
I played it using an xbox one controller and quite enjoyed it. It’s not really deep enough to warrant setting up a hotas for it IMO.
I’m actually using my Warthog for this game. It was pretty easy to configure within the game itself.
it is on sale again, so that’s good
As much as it feels horribly wrong to say this, mouse control works extremely well. Overall pretty fun little title, that really captures some of the old school space shooter mojo.