How about...greased pigs on a flight deck..?

Man…I miss the good old days when you didn’t have to tread lightly or risk offending someone. PETA would have been all up in arms about this one! Best comment in the comment sections:

USS America should’ve painted the pigs with numbers 1, 2, and 4. Leave the Kennedy crew looking for pig 3.

BeachAV8R

2 Likes

Oh, that’s beautiful! Definitely can’t pull off pranks like that any more, but I think a large part of that has to do with the fact that some idiot would be recording with their iphone, and immediately post it on every social media page they’re a member of. Fewer and fewer of the new kids really understand the whole, “what happens underway, stays underway” mentality, and that’s a real tragedy.

Somebody posted this same link in a Navy Nuke forum- apparently this sort of thing happened more frequently than I thought, it just never got talked about. So far, the most recent occurrence I’ve heard recounted happened around 1997.

Do people still care what PETA thinks? I’d be more surprised if these things stopped happening less because of political outcry, and more some officer had a conniption someone had the nerve to let livestock run wild on his flight deck, and made a giant stink about it.

That said, woe to those whom happened to land on the wrong ship back in the day…

2 Likes