How hard is the M2000C to learn?

I’m hoping to do some flying in the Mudspike Fly-In this weekend (I do have King Air ground school both days, so I will only be on in the evenings) and was thinking about finally trying out the M2000C. Any opinions on the difficulty of quickly learning some of the basics? I might try the tutorials for it tonight.

4 Likes

It’s a really straightforward aircraft. It’s IMHO one of the easier aircraft to learn with a cockpit with relatively few switches. The autopilot is also a real treat to use.

4 Likes

M2000C :wink:

Quite easy actually, fly the landing by the numbers though!

2 Likes

Run through all the training missions with it and you’ll be up to speed in no time. And yes, fly the numbers on landing.

3 Likes

Mirage has the bestest ilsa hud in the world. It’s so good. But yeah it’s a pretty straightforward jet. Almost like an F-5.

2 Likes

Gonna dive into your guide right now! :+1:t2:

1 Like

As the others said - it’s a straightforward jet to learn. M for Marche and voila baguette! Oh la la!

4 Likes

I prefer to fly it rather than start it. I don’t fly it much though, which is probably why I don’t start it much.

Love the guns on that thing!

2 Likes

Other than learning to speak French, no issues. :wink:

So as long as it’s Canadian French (thank you, Heavy Gear!), I can stumble through it!

Whew - you aren’t kidding. That is a pretty lengthy process. Just went through the cold and dark tutorial. I have a little trouble here and there since I’m using the English cockpit and the instructions reference French labeling for the switches.

If I elect to use the DCS settings page to allow for a quick INS alignment - does anyone know what positions I need to put the INS switches instead of going through all the alignment settings?

3 Likes

Yeah it takes longer than the other replies might have you believe :smiley:

How hard can it be compared to the Viggen:

Filp “bork” to “bork” and verify the light labeled “bork” indicates “bork”
Rotate dial “Bork” to “bork” ensuring the pointer indicates “Bork”

:wink:

You forgot about typing the code for ‘Bork’ into the computer. Nothing works if you forget that step. :wink:

You know what I love most about the M2000 in Multiplayer? The sound someone ELSE makes when he hits burner. Pure French Magic!

Post edit: IFF! Don’t leave the ramp without it.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean Björk.

2 Likes

Just think in French. That’s what I do.

2 Likes

Like Clint Eastwood in “Firefox”

2 Likes

Hey Chris, glad to see you’re jumping into the Mirage! It is fun to ply, spent a lot of time in the pit building and testing two campaigns and all the training missions (oh, and writing the manual too) - and still love to fly it. It is very easy to learn but has a lot of quite complex stuff under the hood. Enjoy it!

1 Like

It’s a pretty cool jet and seems to have quite a few similarities with the F-16A Block 15 of that mid 80s period.