Hurricane Ian Thread

I saw this posted….Any of you who know Classic MuscleCars know the pain of seeing this :eyes:

4 Likes

Ouch.

1 Like

Checking in for the morning after. We made out on here, had a couple of power bobbles, but that was it. Friends of ours just north of us had an 80 year old Poplar tree fall through their roof fairly early in the storm, but everybody got out of the house ok, and they’ve already got temporary housing lined up while they wait for insurance to get out there.

@chipwich , hope y’all are doing ok down there. I know there’s massive power outages still across the area.

8 Likes

Thank Ted. Hope your cleanup goes well. We are doing that today, then heading to Pawleys tomorrow. Two of my brothers are driving down from Atlanta today bringing chainsaws and muscle. The Pawleys PD have the north causeway open for home owners and contractors. So yard cleanup today and PI tomorrow. Mixing fuel and charging drone batteries :smile:

Calling @Magnum50. Check in if you can.

7 Likes

Thanks, I’m good… for once glad I can’t afford to live near the beach.

Wind and rain, no damage or flooding here since I live 5 miles inland. Had no power for 24 hrs but up and running now.

After the last major hurricane, Irene 5 yrs ago, did so much damage to us, and lost power for 10 days I prepared, new roof, new windows etc etc and a nice generator… which all paid off for me. Didn’t even get to use it long, which I’m glad of.

Thanks again.

13 Likes

I am mighty pleased to see all of you made it out of that one OK.

4 Likes

Concerned about you Mag! That was too close to you. Thanks for posting in here and letting us know things are manageable.

• Doug
4 Likes

A neighbor just sent a photo. The main dock looks intact and the floating dock is hung up on the left side. But it could have been far worse. We can fix this.

6 Likes

I mourn the loss of a superbird. But I’m glad my mudspikers are in one piece.

Shame though. A great car.

6 Likes

@piper, how are you doing? I’m not sure which parts of town are still without power at the moment.

2 Likes

I totally agree Sir.Material things can be replaced…Our Beloved MudSpikers are Priceless :pray: :pray: :pray:I’m very Happy to see those so close to certain disaster have came out healthy.

5 Likes

I’m fine. Thanks for asking.
Neighborhood is a mess from all the wind, but I have power so all is good.

6 Likes

great to read you are all doing good :+1:

1 Like

Seems we were more fortunate on average.

Direct cause and effect? Should we convince more people in FL to join Mudspike as armor for their homes? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad the MS crew came out ok. Upstate SC here, it was at one point tracking straight over my home but shifted far east of us. A bit of wind and rain but we’ve had worse summer storms this year.

2 Likes

Some photos of the dock repair we made Sunday at Pawleys Island. I was more boat driver and photographer as my shoulder is still really sore from my car accident, but with some redneck engineering and a bit of luck, we got the floating dock and walkway back in place.

A pile of washed away docks in the middle of the creek.

8 Likes

There were probably 25-30 missing floating docks about.

Brought the drone. Will link video asap. Below in the top of the frame, the owners floating dock survived, but not his main dock. Gone.

9 Likes

WOW! Finally got into the city I worked in for over 20 years. (I can’t afford to live in the city, so live about 5 miles inland.) The damage is unreal. These were once richest of the rich homes and high-end beach ends and scenery. Multi-million-dollar homes, first level flooded. The sand from the beach a half mile inland over the roads. Dead sea grass, trees, and the turtle nest are all gone. Very sad. This storm was a wet one with severe flooding, unlike the one 5 years ago which damaged my home, that was a windstorm.

6 Likes

WOW, Sanibel Island Lighthouse, before and after the storm… (last post from me on this.)

5 Likes

That reminds me of a line from the original 1982 film The Thing

Gary … the generators gone …
MacReady…. Can we fix it
Gary…. It’s gone!!

3 Likes